Installing blades in footpockets

• The omer Millenium are good foot pockets, but have been discontinued for a year or two and are hard to find. I find the Moana blades too stiff for me, the omer Stingray foot pockets will not help with that, they bump up the stiffness.

• Thanks for your answer Dan. I do have a couple of Omer Milleniums, should I try them on the Moanas? What do you recommend? My other option at the moment are the Pathos fireblade that are coming my way.

• I had a set of Beachat plastic (hard, stiff plastic) about 10 years ago. The blades both snapped in half on the same day diving but the foot pockets were the most comfortable I ever used. I never even used socks with them and could dive all day.

DuQuesnay has them now. I put a set of Riffe plastic blades on them. Still going strong. Does Beachat still make those type of pockets? The weird thing is I found the fins in a obscure hardware store here in Belize City.

• Beuchat footpockets are one of the most appreciated in Spain and they're still available. ;)

I'm about to change my carbon fins rails. Is it true that acetone will dissolve superglue?

Protenek: I have some friends removed some thickness out Omer tendons with a Dremmel and they work very well. They're now more flexible.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I did not know what kind of glue was used for my moanas, but acetone did not disolved any at all. I guess acetone is more for paint, than hardened glue. I end up using the cutter, real horizontaly flat against the blade, just letting the sharp edge to cut or scratch the hardened glue. I dont know if this helps or ends up confusing you more Marco :)

• Ok. I think that's going to be a long day when I decide to change the rails.

Hank: As a fins/blades assembler you're the best shrimp farmer... :thumbsup2::D:D:laughing::laughing::laughing3:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.