Greetings from Greece

• Hi,
    my name is Petar and i live in Crete Greece, started spearfishing 3 years ago and now i feel sick if i don't go in the sea at least 2-3 times per week, here we usually fish around 20 - 25 m and deeper due to overfishing and lack of fish in the shallow water.
    The reason to join this forum is because i love to travel and i would like to get and share some information about spearfishing regulations, license-permits and etc. in diffident parts of the world, meet some new friends and get some fishes :)

Always safety first, never dive alone and always keep an eye on your buddie.

• Welcome. I have heard about deep diving in Greece. What is the main cause for the over fishing of shallow waters?

Well the main reason is that there are almost no fishing regulations here and absolutely no control, there are a lot of people that fish in shallow water that have no respect for the sea and the other spear fisherman's and there only purpose is to get half - one kilo of baby fishes and maybe some small octopuses just for meal or two, because the price of the good fish here starts from 25 eu up to 35. On other site every family here have at least one fishing boat, also there is a lot of industrial fishing, and maybe one of the main resons is that 5-10 years ago here were fishing a lot with dynamite and in some areas they still dose it :confused1: .

• can totally relate to that sick feeling caused by a lack of diving as well. Petar i am from the Caribbean, and live either in Trinidad, or the small Grenadine island of Bequia, but now its mostly Trinidad, you are welcome to come down and dive with me and my buddies any time man, you dont need any permit here, you just cant bring your own gun, but getting a gun to use is no problem.

• can totally relate to that sick feeling caused by a lack of diving as well. Petar i am from the Caribbean, and live either in Trinidad, or the small Grenadine island of Bequia, but now its mostly Trinidad, you are welcome to come down and dive with me and my buddies any time man, you dont need any permit here, you just cant bring your own gun, but getting a gun to use is no problem.

Thanks for the invitation man, i am going to Cuba in January and February but maybe next year i can come down to Trinidad and south america.