A land and sea adventure

• I left for Hawaii on the 30th of December in hopes of chasing some large fish and Axis deer. Well the swell was large and the weather wasn't really cooperating for axis deer so the deer hunt fell through. When the swells came down I decided to try and catch some fish. I managed a nice size palani but forgot to take a picture of it. Then I went out and managed a few small uhus and what I thought was a mempachi but was something different someone called it an alii snapper or something. My brother managed a nice papio and I grabbed the largest molted lobster shell. I was so excited and then totally bummed as the shell fell apart in my hands and I realized it was a molt. hahaha. Went out another day with my brother and shot some rois a baracuda and another uhu but didn't take pictures. The fish where not large but it was fun just to chase the very cautious fish with my brother. I also managed to get out and do some goat hunting with one of my good friends and we managed a nanny. It was a fun trip seeing friends and family and getting some hunting and fishing in. I'm looking forward to the next trip.

• Cool report, nice fish and great goat. Did you cook up the goat? I bet the Hawaiians have some super tasty recipes for goat.

• Cool report, nice fish and great goat. Did you cook up the goat? I bet the Hawaiians have some super tasty recipes for goat.

I made teriyaki out of the loins and it was nice. I have had it curried and it was really good too. Most locals dont eat the goat in Hawaii cause they say it stinks but I know a few that enjoy it. I have always been a fan of birria. I guess goat is like lamb, an acquired taste.

• Cool report Alex! Did you end up picking up a gun (spear) over there?

I was able to put my speargun in the same case as my rifle and I shipped the shaft for 10 bucks to Hawaii. So it worked out well. I just didn't have a shaft for a little while which was fine since the waves where large.

• Where exactly are you in the picture with the goat? That's so unreal. Is that Mauna Loa in the background?
    I'd love to spend a couple years exploring the Big Island. I've been there about 5 times but only for short bursts. Unreal water around the west side too. Thanks for sharing.

• Where exactly are you in the picture with the goat? That's so unreal. Is that Mauna Loa in the background?
    I'd love to spend a couple years exploring the Big Island. I've been there about 5 times but only for short bursts. Unreal water around the west side too. Thanks for sharing.

Believe it or not thats the Kohala moutain range. Mauna Kea is to my left in the picture and the makai side is to my right. Hualalai is in front of me and Mauna Loa isnt visible. The spot I'm hunting is a private ranch between Kona and Waimea.