Video: 40lb Wahoo- Grenada, West Indies

• Just wanted to share my newest video with you guys. I went spearing with a couple of my friends who also live in Grenada. We were about 4mi offshore in 1500' of water when a school of 4 wahoo came in on us. Unfortunately the only gun I have down here is a 75cm Mares, but my friend Anthony had a 110 Mako Oceanic Pro and was able to stone this wahoo by breaking it's back and was SUPER lucky when the flopper held onto a piece of skin just long enough for me to get there to grab the fish! The Spice Island Billfish Tournament was in town that weekend and we were able to reap the benefits of having a good moon and lots of chum in the water. I hope you guys like the video! If you do, please 'Like' and Subscribe!

Freedive Spearfishing 40lb Wahoo- Grenada, West Indies - YouTube

Here are some shots from the GoPro.

You can see here how the tip of the spear is almost out of the fish and the only thing hanging on is the flopper on a little piece of skin!!

• Nice hoo. I'll have to watch the video at home because is not set to play on mobile devices. Thank you for sharing.

• So glad to see Grenadians out in the blue getting some!! Ben they dont live there they are from there...lol...

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Very nice Ben.
    I spent quite a few hours this last full moon in the blue. Only wahoo I saw were in my dreams.
    Got skunked on them but the muttons were plentiful on the reef. :)

• I like the vid, but I don't like to either "like" or subscribe.

How many times did I told you to go out and spearfish in Grenada... ;)

I guess it's much better than Florida if you know the right spots.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::thumbsup2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Hahaha I have come to realize that the north side of the island is a lot better than the south. But as far as pelagics go, the spearing is definitely better!!