Bequia Blues hits the mother load of Bugs in TNT!!

• Bequia Blues shared this photo with me today and I had to share, just one other buddy with him and this is what they got!!

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Dear lord that's more lobster than I pull in a season! You could make a year's worth of lobster stock with all those carapaces! :)

• Dear lord that's more lobster than I pull in a season! You could make a year's worth of lobster stock with all those carapaces! :)

not to derail the thread, but how do you make lobster stock? What parts of the lobster do you throw out to keep it from getting too fishy?

• That bug hes holding looks alot more then 9 lbs. How do they catch them, by spear?

There ain't no other way down here ;) haha most guys spear them. Other guys use snares made of wire and thin bamboo. I've seen guys use the old clorox and a net trick too :nono:

• not to derail the thread, but how do you make lobster stock? What parts of the lobster do you throw out to keep it from getting too fishy?

I split the carapace down the middle, then remove all the guts and nasty bits (testes/ovaries, digestive tract). What you have left are the legs, the shell, and any body meat that didn't come out with the tail. You can remove the body meat and reserve for another use, or just leave it in.

After that, you can proceed as you would for any other stock.

• I split the carapace down the middle, then remove all the guts and nasty bits (testes/ovaries, digestive tract). What you have left are the legs, the shell, and any body meat that didn't come out with the tail. You can remove the body meat and reserve for another use, or just leave it in.

After that, you can proceed as you would for any other stock.

Thanks. What veggies and stuff do you add to your stock?

i like to spear fish

• I like to add 1-2 onions, 4 carrots, 6 or 7 ribs of celery, several cloves of garlic, fennel, bay leaves, and some white wine. Simmer for 3-4 hours and then strain it 2-3 times.

• I like to add 1-2 onions, 4 carrots, 6 or 7 ribs of celery, several cloves of garlic, fennel, bay leaves, and some white wine. Simmer for 3-4 hours and then strain it 2-3 times.

Thanks. Sounds amazing. Gonna try it asap

i like to spear fish