Chimichurri

• I had made a chimichurri sauce for some barbqued meat I had made when one of my Argentinian friends was here. Quite a bit was left over and I had been Jonesing for some fish. I had some shrimp and scallops left over so I decided to make it all together with some fish I bought(I know, blasphemy. I live in the desert, leave me alone). I cut the fish fillets into 4" square pieces and salted everything with garlic salt. I put all the sea meat in a bag an added the chimichurri that I had added some melted butter to. Squished it all around and let it sit for a while. Lit my grill to pretty darn hot and grilled it all. Didn't take very long to cook and it came out pretty freakin incredible.

The End..

• I had made a chimichurri sauce for some barbqued meat I had made when one of my Argentinian friends was here. Quite a bit was left over and I had been Jonesing for some fish. I had some shrimp and scallops left over so I decided to make it all together with some fish I bought(I know, blasphemy. I live in the desert, leave me alone). I cut the fish fillets into 4" square pieces and salted everything with garlic salt. I put all the sea meat in a bag an added the chimichurri that I had added some melted butter to. Squished it all around and let it sit for a while. Lit my grill to pretty darn hot and grilled it all. Didn't take very long to cook and it came out pretty freakin incredible.

The End..

:nono::nono::nono: You just don't rub that in our face and dont post the recipe you got for Chimichurri:D That my friend is Blasphemy. :laughing3:. Sounds to good, now you got me thinking what should i do with all the sea food i got in the ice box.:confused1:

• Chimichurri is basically parsely, garlic, salt, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes and or Paprika, and olive oil.

Fine chop flat leaf parsely until you get about 2 cups(put in bowl)
    Fine chop 4 or 5 cloves garlic(put in bowl)
    2 cap fulls white vinegar(stir)
    Olive oil until it's more saucy(runnier) than paste.
    Salt and Pepper flakes/paprika to taste

Core,
    it's like an "Ajillo" but with some bite in it.

• You see more like it. Now i can get my seafood ready for the weekend:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• Well here it go. i tried a southwestern chimichurri i got from the emeril green cooking show and i search that exact recipe in here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.co…/recipe.php?recipeId=2248 and it blew my mind. I cook some big bay scallops and big shrimps with some Snapper fillets i bought. :0( yea i know i will burn in hell :redcard:but you might know my situation by now) Once everything was cooked i drizzle this sauce on top and Kaboooomm:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: And i got a lot of tostones on the side with same sauce. I'm about to go to bed and i feel in heaven:D

Southwestern Style Chimichurri Sauce

Makes about 1 1/2 cups
    Traditionally, this sauce is tangy, but not necessarily spicy. Here it is "heated up" with the chile peppers featured in Southwestern cooking. Try New Mexico's famed Hatch chiles for a milder sauce, jalapeños or serranos if you like it spicier.

Ingredients
    1 cup chopped Italian parsley
    4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
    2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    2 tablespoons minced fresh chiles (mild and/or spicy)
    3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Method
    Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not puréed. Use for basting and dipping with everything from beef to chicken to seafood steaks. Keeps in refrigerator up to 1 week.

• Funny this comes up now, I've never noticed this thread. I never heard about chimichurri and my wife bought some to put on steak yesterday. I'll try it on fish soon. Thanks all for sharing.

Your welcome. Iknow this works so good and all the seaffod i ate today is getting me ready for the marathon;):bed::hump1: haha joaking