is this a good crimper

• I am plan making my own stinger with stainless cable. Am need a crimper tool to crimp cable line. My friend did crimp shooting line on my sgun with his tool. I am looking forward getting my own one crimper tool.
    I saw one at store which selll alll kind of stuff.

This one i saw.
    Amazon.com: Mustad Crimpers: Sports & Outdoors

Is that a good crimper or not?

• Hi Fidel,
    I have one like the one Dan posted. So far I've not had a line slip off or break at the crimp. The one you posted looks pretty much the same.

But if you're using cable, I would learn to braid it. I HAVE lost a big fish to a crimped cable that wasn't braided right at the shark fin on the shaft.
    A crimp on a braided cable isn't really even needed for strength. It's more for protecting your fingers form the needle like cable ends.
    There was a thread on here by Phil Herranen I think and he demonstrated how it's done.

• It is a very important skill. And it is pretty easy. I braid and crimp on top of the braid end as hank mentioned.

I use a hand held one like dans and recommend those. The bench top ones are awesome but they are expensive and require multiple bits to do different sizes

i like to spear fish

• Thank hank and lunker for info.

Am plan using cable to make fish stinger. Will be looking for a thread how to braid.

Am still using mono as shooting line on my sgun.

• Thank hank and lunker for info.

Am plan using cable to make fish stinger. Will be looking for a thread how to braid.

Am still using mono as shooting line on my sgun.

I'll cut a piece of cable and braid it. I have a big roll at my house. I'll send it up on Tropic. I'll unbraid one end and you'll see how it's done. Pretty easy. I'll call Brian or your dad when I ship it.

• No worries. Hawk. Found your thread about braid with phil. Seem simple enough i can do my own braid. Brain know how to braid but i am on my own myself

• No worries. Hawk. Found your thread about braid with phil. Seem simple enough i can do my own braid. Brain know how to braid but i am on my own myself

Well get ready buddeehh. Jake and I are coming to San Pedro. I have to pay my land taxes up there and we hope to hook up with you, and or Brian and get out north of town. Hit a cut or two.
    Looking forward to having a beer with your dad too. :D