48" teak rear handle +

• Hey guys,
    Here is my first gun build. I just recently got into spearfishing and have been borrowing a friends speargun for the last few months. I like to build stuff, so I knew right away that I wanted to build my own speargun. My friends gun has been holding me over while I completed this one. It is 48" muzzle to butt and 40" from band slot to trigger mech. it is a deep open track with neptonics hardware. I made a few mistakes along the way but I am very pleased with how it turned out.:thumbsup2:
    Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.

• Cool build :cool2: ummm isn't that a rear handle not a rear plus? I am learning all the variations myself and have no shame asking stupid questions or making ridiculous observations...lol...

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Cool build :cool2: ummm isn't that a rear handle not a rear plus? I am learning all the variations myself and have no shame asking stupid questions or making ridiculous observations...lol...

Well now I'm confused, lol. I thought a tear handle was where the handle and mech are at the butt. Since this gun has a short butt I called it a rear handle +. But then again I am very new to this and am probably wrong

• I would call it a rear handle + as well as a very nice first build! :thumbsup2: Nice clean lines. I can't see it very well, but is the handle frame recessed into the wood? If not, you might want to consider doing that. Two 3/4" bands is enough power to be a concern if you're depending just on the mounting screws to handle the recoil forces against the handle.

• I would call it a rear handle + as well as a very nice first build! :thumbsup2: Nice clean lines. I can't see it very well, but is the handle frame recessed into the wood? If not, you might want to consider doing that. Two 3/4" bands is enough power to be a concern if you're depending just on the mounting screws to handle the recoil forces against the handle.

Well coming from you that is a great compliment indeed. I did recess the handle, however I did not recess it quite far enough and a small lip of metal extends beyond the bottom of the blank. You can see it a little in the picture. Most of th handle frame is recessed though.