Crimping Spectra

• From the picture I don't understand the make up of this bungee. I don't know what you see in it.

Dan,
    It always bothers me when rigging gear to go after big fish that I take my time and splice everything together, take care to the most minute detail then have a bungee or whatever rigged with a knot or put any weak link in my gear chain soooooo.... what this does is allow me to splice my bungees and still have a hard point for the rubber to stretch against without weakening the actual line inside by tying any kind of knot as a brace for the constrictor knots on the outside. It is simply a crimp behind a bead to keep the bead in place to act as the hard point when the fish runs and allow the bungee to stretch. It only really matters if you are going against big hard running fish like Marlin. But it is a better way.
    All doesn't matter if you splice to swivels and use them as hard points I guess.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Edited once, last by Dude george ().

• Dan,
    It always bothers me when rigging gear to go after big fish that I take my time and splice everything together, take care to the most minute detail then have a bungee or whatever rigged with a knot or put any weak link in my gear chain soooooo.... what this does is allow me to splice my bungees and still have a hard point for the rubber to stretch against without weakening the actual line inside by tying any kind of knot as a brace for the constrictor knots on the outside. It is simply a crimp behind a bead to keep the bead in place to act as the hard point when the fish runs and allow the bungee to stretch. It only really matters if you are going against big hard running fish like Marlin. But it is a better way.

instead of the crimp, why not a constrictor knot to stop the bead?

• constrictor knot is a weak point, any bend in spectra is a weak point and negates the tedious process of splicing your gear together in the first place.
    Edit: Unless you mean tie another bit of line on as a stopper for the bead...hummmmm...did not think of that, it should work and be strong as welll.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Edited once, last by Dude george ().

• constrictor knot is a weak point, any bend in spectra is a weak point and negates the tedious process of splicing your gear together in the first place.
    Edit: Unless you mean tie another bit of line on as a stopper for the bead...hummmmm...did not think of that, it should work and be strong as welll.

Yes, constrictor knot with another line just to stop the bead...
    I don't see how the constrictor would work otherwise :)
    I haven't tryed it but not having metal against the spectra would be better... just my opinion...