worms in peacock bass

• hi,last times I have fishing some peacock bass and
    this fish ( all)has worms,white ,longs and look like a
    spring .I don't eat this fishes ,but I can eat if I fried
    well the meat?

hola,ultimamente e pescado algunos peacock bass
    y tienen gusanos,largos y blancos,yo los he sacado
    y e freido bien el pescado pero despues lo e botado
    por precaucion ,se pueden comer estos pescados?
    es malo para la salud o solo con freirlo bien
    estamos fuera de peligro? de verdad que es una
    lastima botar esos ejemplares,para mi es el mejor
    pes de agua dulce que se pueda comer.bueno
    gracias anticipadas por sus respuestas.

• If you cook the fish thoroughly you should be OK but I have never eaten a peacock bass. I prefer not to eat fish with parasites that I can see by personal choice. But that's not to say I have never eaten a parasite as they are in all meats wild and store bought.

• Personally - catch and release would be MY decision.

• you are spearfisherman?how you release a fish after catch him,i.like this fish,good taste,how i can know if this has parasites with the fish live,i am spearo but sometimes fishing with lines ,in florida is prohibited spearfish in fresh water so i must got it with line,and like eat my capture,i enjoy both kind of fishing .but no release ,no no no,i capture only necessary for eat and enjoy a fresh fish,beer,fried potatoes,a good sunday,mmmmm. ufffff,bad english.

• you are spearfisherman?how you release a fish after catch him,i.like this fish,good taste,how i can know if this has parasites with the fish live,i am spearo but sometimes fishing with lines ,in florida is prohibited spearfish in fresh water so i must got it with line,and like eat my capture,i enjoy both kind of fishing .but no release ,no no no,i capture only necessary for eat and enjoy a fresh fish,beer,fried potatoes,a good sunday,mmmmm. ufffff,bad english.

Funny - spearing any kind of bass not allowed, or at least, it didn't use to be. Even thse imported from South America, had to be on a line if legal :laughing: