Long Beach some where in the blue.

• Managed to head out of Long Beach with a buddy in hopes of hammering a white sea bass. We found lots of reef fish and I managed a calico as a first kill on my new Ulusub. My buddy saw a 2 foot thresher shark chasing a ball of sardines. I managed to see this same bait ball put missed the shark. It would have been cool to see it. :( We then decided to move to another spot and my second dive down I see 3 legal WSB just off the tip of my nose in the 2.5 foot viz. I try for a shot but missed as I was shooting from my hip. At least we know where they are. I then started to to scan the sand and noticed a short halibut grab a fish and swim off with it. I was in high hopes of finding its older brother but no luck. I did find a nice size scallop and took it home for dinner. The meclazine kicked in on the drive home which was not fun at all but after a short siesta I decided on cooking up the fruits de mer. I made a bed of mashed potatoes topped with leeks and then placed seared calico with a ginger seared scallop on top and served it with a side of zuchini and cherry tomatoes. Tall glass of water and a slice of lemon and I was in heaven. Instead of the standard fish in the sink picture I figured I would opt for a more interesting view of my dinner guests.