Esclapez Exium Speargun

• Esclapez Exium G2 seems to have a bunch of cool innovations, I am looking for feedback from anyone who has shot one of these to ascertain if the innovations are gimmicks or functional.
    EXIUM G2

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• The option for open and closed muzzle in one is a nice feature. I'm implementing that with the new Speardiver muzzle.

The hollowed out design for "better tracking" is a gimmick. It's been done before by Immersion.

The handle has a nice angle. But also has a serious weak point.

Different colored grips is nice, but doesn't affect function. White handle is always ideal for visibility. I'd like to see the internal structure of the handle, then I'll know if any strength was compromised to allow quick grip changing. Float line anchoring point is not robust.

What other innovations do you see?

• Thanks for the input Dan.
    It has a movable float to change how the gun reacts when fired on a bottom track. The track below allows one of their reals and a camera mount to slide in and off easily, but what was very interesting to me was the open bit and double tube designed to be even stiffer than a single tube. supposedly this stiffer design allowed for 4 bands(would be 2 much whip i suspect). But in the end I was hopping someone actually shot one and could comment on its performance... In the end its all about accuracy and power :)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Dude, if you buy me one I'll shoot it mate, but that line release looks a little sharp.

Twin tube go back some time, I would have to move one though the water ''tracking'' with 2 cocked bands before I commented on laminar flow graphs.;) speaking of laminar flow... those old school wishbone band ferrules
    don't lose their cross section as the rubber necks down when elongated and are a sea anchor times 4 on two band gun.

I'm not bad mouthing the gun, and a 90cm in the hands of Jean Baptiste Esclapez would take down huge Wahoo, but I bet he could do that with just a knife.;):D

Cheers, Don

• Like Don I'd rather not disrespect someone's work. But when I look at this gun, and since you asked, all I see is how weird it will be to carry in the water. If you're one of those new age super spearos who always hold the gun by the handle like on descent, then this gun may not bother you. Me, I want to have a stick in my hand that I can grab any which way, as I anticipate will happen when you mess around with enough fish. I'd even sacrifice some maneuverability to be able to do that, but in this case I really don't think a nice carbon pipe gun will track with perceptibly more difficulty. A long gun is a long gun.