SHARK ATTACK 02/08/14 AU, Spearo missing.

• Another fatal -hope thay are able to locate the body for the family. Any identification of the type of shark! I read the story in this morning newspaper but details are schetchy. Sad.

• I hope he's found. Sharks and dumb boaters are uncontrollable factors among others that we as divers must keep in mind every time we enter the water. RIP.

• Sydney ( Australia ) . February 8, 2014 - A man died today in South Australia after being attacked by a great white shark while spearfishing practiced on a beach in Yorke Peninsula , local press reported .
    Man , 28 , resident of Adelaide , was part of a group that was diving on the beach Goldsmith, near the town of Edithburgh , in the state of South Australia , according to ABC television.
    Several witnesses saw like a shark attacked the diver and shortly after being unable to locate the alert given to the police , who ordered swimmers out of the water .
    After the attack , police and emergency crews searched the area where several neighbors reported the presence of a great white shark in the last week .
    The attack occurred after the neighboring state of West Australia adopt a program to protect swimmers authorizing hunting of sharks over three meters in two coastal areas , despite complaints from conservation groups.
    More than 200 people have died since 1791 because of these animals in Australia , according to Australian Taronga Conservation Society .
    The Australian Department of the Environment estimated that there were less than 10,000 copies of white shark in 1990, which was incorporated in the list of protected species , although it is impossible to make an accurate assessment of the population.

• The attack occurred after the neighboring state of West Australia adopt a program to protect swimmers authorizing hunting of sharks over three meters in two coastal areas , despite complaints from conservation groups.

This should definitely be implemented here. Just like any other fish, once they reach a certain size, they should be harvestable. Minus the whale shark, what benefits does a shark growing to great proportions offer? None. I mean, when a pitbull bites a person the entire breed gets a bad rep and the entire world, besides pitbull owners, is ready to exterminate the species that was "bred to kill". WTF do they think a wild apex predator like the shark is designed to do? Sure isn't designed to give away free hugs to their favorite divers.

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Yes, sharks should be harvestable (except the whale shark).

I don't know what's on the agenda of these "conservationists?"

These fish kill us. Yet, they always say that it's our fault for being on "their" property.

Heck, the ocean is big real estate, yet they choose to hang out near the shore. Why? To hunt us, of course. Easy pickings for them.

It should be fair game. At least for our safety and other swimmers that enjoy the ocean.

Thanks.

• Conservationists have their heads in the clouds. If someone gets attacked by a dog in the street was that person in the dogs "property" as well? The earth belongs to no one especially not an animal. The ocean would be totally fine without sharks. I mean, the earth used to have dinosaurs and we are doing GREAT without those guys, wheres the conservation group at to bring em back? It almost seems like these conservationists never go in the ocean and experience anything first hand. E-Divers maybe?

Relax & Go Spearfishing