• i am new to the forum hello by the way my name is Alex. I was just wondering because i really fell in love with the riffe euro series 110cm and i was just wondering if anyone has pros and cons about it i am thinking of purchasing it in the near future. Also if you have opinions on better choices just reply i would be happy to do research on other guns as well.

• Welcome to the forum Alex.

A speargun is a personal thing and there's much worse you can do than a Riffe euro. With that said I don't like the euro. I would rather take a Riffe competitor series gun, #3 for our waters.

Cons: Small uncomfortable handle which doesn't allow you to generate good torque when tracking. Wide sideways profile becomes too wide to grip comfortably when the bands are stretched.

Where do you dive?

• :welcome2::bienvenido::welcome1: Alex. Hope you get good info here in this forum. Where you dive. And what type of diving you do?. Reef, blue waters, both? Depth you like to go hunting? like pargo said , spearguns are very personal, and also they selected for your type of hunting. All those factors you must consider when speanding the money on a gun;)

• Wellcome Alex. Some people love their Riffe´s Euros, some don´t. I had the 120 and i never could hit anything with it, i trade it off for a Comp 2 and i love the gun. Comps and standards are the best spearguns Riffe has to offer. I had Euros, Comps, standards and Midhandles. Midhandles are good guns, but i just don´t like the handle placement of those guns. You can´t go wrong with either... just a matter of personal preference, try some of them before making your choice.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• well i am from Miami Florida and i do both reef and blue well reef mostly want to get into blue seriously. I was thinking about the handle placement and it does look uncomfortable. Someone referred me to the mares pneumatic and the man said that you do not have to pump it it was built for that cause, anyone know of the mares spear gun that i am talking about? and if that's any good?

• You probably mean the Mares Cyrano series. I have heard good things from people that like the pneumatic guns, but i cant tell you becuse i have not used them in a long time