GPS/FF for kayak

• I have a question or two about CURRENT GPS/FF for yak freedive spearfishing.
    I HAD a good Humminbird ff years ago and then sold it thinking I would not need one again. NOW my spearing style and area has changed dramatically and I now want to start using a ff again. I have been out of the ff "loop" for about 6years, so I am looking for a CURRENT model FF. I am yak spearing in BW for tuna and wahoo.
    1. I do not need "charts" on this ff (where I am overseas, charts will not do me any good).
    2. I would like duel beam with GPS
    3. I keep my ff in a clear dry bag.
    4. I do NOT need a battery to be INCLUDED (I have my own DIY battery pack).
    Sooooo, my question is:
    Q. What CURRENTLY is the best FF for a yak for spearing in BW In Your Opinion?

Thank you in advance for your constructive advice and opinions

• Very interested to see what people have to say about this.

A few questions that might help to get better answers.

How deep is it where you will be spearing?
    Is your goal to locate structure on the bottom or to be able to see schools of bait or fish?
    Do you want to have your progress tracked like a chart plotter and do you want to be able to save spots or just use this to find fish?

i like to spear fish

• I will be spearing in water from 100 to 600fsw or so. Here on Guam I can paddle out to 200fsw in about 10minutes. I want to use this FF to locate tuna and wahoo, and bottom contours that support tuna and wahoo.
    3. I already have a Garmin 76, but a FF with GPS like the Humminbird PiranhaMax 196ci would seem to be a good unit
    Thanks for the help bro

• Make sure you get one with a bright screen or one that I'd made to be read in direct sunlight. More boat units are not super glare friendly because they assume there will be some cover

i like to spear fish

• You should look locally first and see what is available. The reason I say this is I have a Lowrance Elite 5 and I want to take it to the Philippines but I have to buy a card for the area I will be in.

• Hau you will need a good sea anchor or surplus parachute for your craft and your gps fishfinder needs to track your drift so you orient onto your seamounts correctly. Drift is key for the pelagics ;)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Thanks Dude george---great advice taken.

Art--How is our Lowrance Elite 5?
    IYO--what is the best yak fishfinder/GPS? ( I have been looking at the Ray Marine DragonFly for $600.)

others--- what is the best fishfinder for pelagics?