Another stoned wahoo

• This time was with a Speardiver 120 speargun.

This is Christian's gun. I lost a shaft before to another wahoo. The shooting line (250# mono) was weared and you know when you keep saying "It's still ok, I'll change it later"... :rolleyes1:

Well, was not ok and it broke just at the loop where it attaches to the shaft. :( But that's another story (with video as well), which I will tell in another post.

Hope you like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgnagvTgkEo

Dan: You can use it as promotion to your spearguns if you whish. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco you guys are killing some nice fish. What do you do with all of it? With situation as it is in Venezuela lets swap Ono for toilet paper and other necessities :laughing3: but seriously you are killing them just off shore from Airport (it looks lke). Do you live on the coast r make the drive to Caracas?

What s your "usual" speargun - the one you lost the spear? Using standard Hawaiian shaft instead of slip-tip which is also a bit unusual when targeting Ono. Looks like water is clearing up nicely.

Bien hecho como siempre! :thumbsup2:

• Hi Oscar,

I live in Caracas. It's an 1 hour drive to the coast where my family has a condo.

What do we do with all the fish? Well, I give away a lot to my family and friends. The rest, you'll have to figure out.

I normally use a 110 (Seatec Snake) with tahitian (Flopper) shaft. This is because I don't go "Blue water" per-se, but it's kind a mixed type of spearing. When water clears up, wahoos show up, but normally we spear near structure and shooting a slip tip will mean breaking/bending it. Water clears like in the video just a handfull days a year. Everybody bringing two spearguns in such a tiny boat won't be practical, we're normally 4 on it. So I have to choose whatever I think will do the job. ;)

But I tell you, these Speardiver's Phantom spearguns are badass; simple, smooth trigger, plenty of power for the size and very controllable recoil. If I'll have to buy a new speargun, for sure would be a 120 like the one in the video. Which is actually a true 130 because of the reverse trigger mechanism.

Thanks for your comments. :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

Edited once, last by Marco ().

• Marco I really look forward to your video diaries... thanks!
    I am not understanding your point about slip tips, I shoot Barracuda regularly 25-30 lb at structure with a slip tip and have no issues... I hate bent shafts :) Only negative about slips are how much they slow down your shaft I have found... I find that flopper's tend to be faster and more accurate over distance, that's why I always have the most power I can get away with, as I almost(99%) always use slip tips.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele