Hello from central california

• Hello everyone. My name is Jason. I am a new member here, awesome site. Returning to spearfishing now that my kids are intrested and ready to get in the water. I started when I was in high school diveing the central coast for lings and cabs. I really got the bug when I moved to Hawaii for a summer after high school. Had a long break after marriage and starting a family. We are big into the kids sports(baseball, football, wresting, FFA, softball, band), camping, fishing, and surfing. Gearing up and hope meet some of you. Thanks.

• Welcome back Jason. Looking forward to some pics.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• Thanks guys. I will try to get some pics up soon, most will be rod and reel now as we are not quite geared up of diving.

• Welcome back to diving, Jason. If you're interested in leaping straight in and getting to know the CenCal/NorCal dive community. I highly recommend you check out the Big Ab Big Ling tournament. Its happening the weekend of June 8. Its always a total blast. There are usually over 100 registered divers. Most bring their families, significant others, pets, etc. It would be a great place for you to make a couple dive buddies. Even when the dive conditions suck there's always some place to get in the water on the north coast and pull your abs, then everyone heads back to the campground for some good eats, tasty brews, and to lie to one another about the weight of all of the fish we've caught :laughing:.

#8 BABL June 7th 2014

• My daughter Jessica is 16 and my son Lance is 13. Would love to checkout the ling and ab tourney but my schedule is a little crazy almost all of the time. Totaly involved in the kids activities. My son plays football, baseball, wrestles, and plays the sax in jazz band. My daughter plays softball, clarinet in marching band, and is in FFA(she will be going to Davis in 2 more years to be a vet). I also coach softball, baseball, and football. We are deep into baseball, undefeated 5-0-1 right now and getting ready for wresting and football. We will get to dive soon I hope, and add one more sport to the family. Thansk again everyone, Jason.

• Sounds like you need a nap and a beer buddy! Good on ya for investing yourself into your kids. A great investment that pays more than you could imagine.

i like to spear fish