Best band/Shaft configuration for a railgun

• sissy bands jajajajajajaja ;)

Te dije que las de 14 funcionan de pelos yo estoy loco y le pongo 3 :cool2:

Buen azul bro.:thumbsup2:

Sadot Hernàndez.

• I read a post from a while back on another spearfishing forum. The poster was actually Rob Allen himself answering a few questions and one of them was about shaft/band config's. RA said he has actually started using 2 x 14mm bands w/ 7mm shaft with great success. Initially he tried this setup to make loading easier and actually stayed with it because of the accuracy and good power that was still there.

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• I love your post Hau, I truly appreciate it. I agree with every single word. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

monster slayer---nice fish brother:D GREAT picture :D AND perfect wife to buy you this gun "as a token of appreciation" :thumbsup2:
    I am now shooting a 130 Euro gun and JUST switched to 3 X14mm X 27inch small id bands from FreediveStore.com and this set up ROCKS for me. I do not know about other spearos, but the hardest thing (for me) about chest loading a gun is the stage in the loading process that I call 2nd stage of the loading process. Un abrazo Bro. (For me the first stage is to grasp the grip in one hand, the band in the other hand and throwing the gun up into my chest.) Then comes the HARDEST and most limiting 2nd step for me, which is reaching around with my grip(handle) hand to grab the band that I am holding onto. This, for me is THE hardest part of loading. Once I get both hands on the band I can crank that band all the way back to the furthest fin/notch no problem. Longer guns or shorter bands made this 2nd step hardest for me before I switched out my bands to 14mm. Before, any gun that had a 55inch or longer pull was limited by my ability to get my second hand on the band. An example of this is my last gun. It is a 130 that is 59inch from the back of the band slot to the butt. Before, it was my limit to pull the 2 factory 32inch 16mm bands. After changing to 3--14mm bands, I can pull 3--27in band with 2in wishbones. I am not good at math, but I can tell you that my 7mm spear is noticeably faster now, that the bands lay REALLY flat/tight to my barrel, that the recoil FEELS smoother, accuracy is increased now AND I do not dread loading the gun each time. Check it out yourself, 14mm FreediveStore small id is not expensive and ties up really great and will really power up your rail/euro gun. (Just my opinion)
    Sorry this got so long,
    hope this helps

Un abrazo Bro..

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I read a post from a while back on another spearfishing forum. The poster was actually Rob Allen himself answering a few questions and one of them was about shaft/band config's. RA said he has actually started using 2 x 14mm bands w/ 7mm shaft with great success. Initially he tried this setup to make loading easier and actually stayed with it because of the accuracy and good power that was still there.

Chase

I didn´t know it bro, but I can tell you this configuration works like a charm. The exact amount of power, accuracy and ease to load. :toast: Mine is 7.5 mil shaft tho.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I think I was the one to advise Hau to use 3 x 14's. I'm using 2 x 14 mm in my Euro by mistake. I bought them for my kids and when changing bands to my gun, ended picking the 14 mm (instead of 16) by mistake and cutting them. When I relized they were too thin, I decided to give them a try.

The result was that I colud cut them shorter and the bands "follow" the shaft longer resulting in less recoil and longer range.

I'm cutting 'em shorter every time they wear at the wishbones area and it shots better every time. :thumbsup2: Let's see for how long before they break att he middle....

Toño: Did you dive in those jeans? :rolleyes1:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• ¿Has probado con dos? ¿qué tal patea? Un abrazo

No pero lo voy a hacer , yo estaba necio por que la varilla es de 7.5mm :rolleyes1: le voy a poner 7mm con dos de 14 y te digo (al 140). Si patea algo así como mula Texana :laughing: pero me gusta tirar con la .45 ACP y la escopeta 12 también, no pasa nada si no haces demasiados disparos finalmente es para grandes piezas.

I will try the 140 euro with 7mm shaft and 2 X 14mm bands and I wil get back with my opinion, the 3 X 14 mm configuration I like it with 7.5 and 8mm shaft, yes it kicks hard like a Texan mule:laughing:

Buen azul bro.

Sadot Hernàndez.