Nice trigger

• I just enjoy the hunt with the pole can't explain it. I got a good deal on a riffe a few months ago but have hardly used it. I've been using only pole spears since i started in 2008 and I just can't seem to make the switch especially now that I've gotten to the point of almost never damaging the fillet (you guys that slay monster fish may have forgotten about that haha). Your absolutely right about the range, i hit a cero with a long shot last week but hardly knocked off a scale but I have no trouble plinking hogs and mangroves with the pole.

Promontorium Tremendum

• I am dieing to learn to shoot with a pole and that's exactly the pole I want, only hear good things about the head hunter poles and slip tips.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• I am dieing to learn to shoot with a pole and that's exactly the pole I want, only hear good things about the head hunter poles and slip tips.

It really is as good as they say and you won't be disappointed. Nothing's worse than getting close to a nice fish hitting it square and having your equipment let you down... I haven't had mine for long and I'm still getting used to the added reach and penetration it's given me.

Promontorium Tremendum

• I've had mine for a good few months and love it. I only picked up a small pneumatic because I'd be out cruising the surface and see barracudas or large grouper that was just too spooked. I love the hunt though. Fast, reliable, but it is really long

• I've had mine for a good few months and love it. I only picked up a small pneumatic because I'd be out cruising the surface and see barracudas or large grouper that was just too spooked. I love the hunt though. Fast, reliable, but it is really long

Yeah I hear you man. I've been trying to get close to this one black grouper for a while now. Even cocking the spear 40 feet above him sends him running. Guns definitely have their place... Most of my spearing has been done with a 10 foot Gatku but that was in NC and I was mainly hunting deep ship wrecks. Since I've been down here there have been just a few times that the extra length has caught a sea fan or something on the reef while trying to track a fish. I kinda forced myself to start using my 8 footer and I think I can say it's a great length for down here. For me switching to the Headhunter was an easy transition as I'm used to the length.

Promontorium Tremendum