Newish diver here

• My name is Ransell, I'm from miami fl and I really like spearfishing. Ever since I saw my friend's speargun, I knew spearfishing was something I wanted to do. I really like eating fish, especially hogfish.

By now I'm I know a few things about the sport, but I want to learn more. I've only ever shore dived, and the deepest I've dived is 50~60ft. The gun I use most is a rob Allen tuna 90. It was recomended to me by the guys at nautilus spearfishing.

The main reason I singed up on speardiver is to ge good advice and tips from divers who have been around the block.

• Welcome to Speardiver.

Andrew/Nautilus is a little liar, he'll make any claim about equipment to sell it and has done so many times in the past.

Ideal gun length for south Florida freedive spearfishing is 110 - 120cm depending on how comfortable you are with loading it. He probably recommended you the 90cm Rob Allen because the longer sizes have been out of stock for a long time.

• Welcome, I also started with a rob allen tuna but the 110 :thumbsup2: and yes Hogfish is one of the best tasting fish in our waters :laughing: