• Hi All
    please i wanna to get new watch, i think about Aries 10, but i heard that it is hard to listen to its depth alarm if you wore a hood , and the Suunto d4i has a clear sound but its battery is not user changeable
    i look for a watch that sound is clear, user changeable battery, and show the last max depth as soon as you end you dive with no need to press any button
    thanks, for your help

• Marco I have one arriving this month, give me some tips on how you set your own up

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Well, I don't have any alarms on it and my settings are in metric units. It's quite simple. You just have to push a button before start diving and you're ready to go.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Cool, can't wait. Having this will make me feel much more comfortable about what I am doing while diving and allows me the luxury of seeing how I dive.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• You have to hold down TWO buttons. One is about about 4 o clock and the other at about 10. It then clicks into Free mode. That's honestly about all I know about it. It does the rest. Jake knows how to retrieve the history and all that.

• I just hold the "10 o' clock" button for a couple seconds to put it in the "Freedive" mode. I think you don't even know that... :rolleyes1::laughing:

You hold the "2 o'clock and 4 o'clock" to do the initial settings.

"Do not attempt to operate this device without carefully reading the manual". :D

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I just hold the "10 o' clock" button for a couple seconds to put it in the "Freedive" mode. I think you don't even know that... :rolleyes1::laughing:

You hold the "2 o'clock and 4 o'clock" to do the initial settings.

"Do not attempt to operate this device without carefully reading the manual". :D

Yours must be a new model….:laughing:

• Hi All
    please i wanna to get new watch, i think about Aries 10, but i heard that it is hard to listen to its depth alarm if you wore a hood , and the Suunto d4i has a clear sound but its battery is not user changeable
    i look for a watch that sound is clear, user changeable battery, and show the last max depth as soon as you end you dive with no need to press any button
    thanks, for your help

I wanted exactly what you want, I decided to go for the F10v2 at the end.

So, with a 5mm hood I hear nothing when the alarm goes off, I had to dive down and put the watch agaunst my head to hear the faintest sound. I was dissapointed because I wanted the alarns as a safety feature. The red led is so faint that it is useless IMO, you might as well look at your screen. I then turned off the useless sound alarm (which also turns off the red led) and decided to rely on the screen which is supposed to have the backlight turn on when an alarm goes off, regardless of the audible alarm setting. I never noticed it lighting up so either the Aeris person I had on the phone lied (and the user manual) or unless you are in the dark the environment lighting is too strong and thus not visible.

I don't think that the Sunnto is much better in that regard, but the button navigation is supposed to be much easier. I always have to re-read the manual before a dive (I don't get to go often). I did see a guy that posted a video (youtube) on how to change the battery yourself in the Sunnto though, he said it wasn't pressurized in reality, so that may work for you if you are willing to risk it.

Personally as a spearfisherman I am waiting for a rechargeable watch that vibrates when an alarm goes off.

I hope that helps.