Sal from Saudi

• Hi All,

I'm Sal from Jeddah, K.S.A. I have been spear fishing for over 5 year now in the Red Sea. I mainly spear fish while diving as I am not very good at holding my breath for long periods of time. My average catch is between 20lb to 40lb as I fish mainly on the outskirts of coral reefs, 50ft-70ft depth, where you can find nice groupers!

Now getting more interested in open water spear fishing and chasing larger targets and hope to find expert on this topic. I will post my detailed questions on a separate thread.

Great to see so many people interest in underwater hunting and glad to be apart of this forum:D.

Fellow Spear-man,

Sal

• Welcomeee youll find this place is a good balance of info and egos! Some other places can get a bit dramatic, somewhat less so here:) good luck in your quest!!! Look forward to seeing your pics and reports. I hope I can be of some help, I am hardly an expert, but have spent lots of time making every mistake in the book!

• Welcome. I was in Saudi in 1991. Went to Jeddah to see the Fisheries place there. Spent time in Gizan. ??

It was a…..sandy place. :laughing:

The Red Sea did look inviting. Clear water.