Hi from Norcal

• Even though I registered back in 2011 I have not been on here much so I figured I better do an Intro.

Hello all, my name is Matt Mattison, I am an avid free diver and underwater hunter from Northern CA as well as a member of the Red Triangle Spearfishing Team. I started my diving at the young age of 6 diving with my dad and have been diving now for over 32 years. I am an avid trophy abalone diver and have pulled over 100 abalone over 10 inches and two 11 inch abalone in my life. I also love to spearfish, pull scallops and grab lobsters. I believe in eating what I catch and respecting the ocean with what it gives and provides for us. I am very active in protecting and fighting for diver’s right’s to fish and dive.I am also the owner and founder of Norcal Underwater Hunters.com.

Family:

I have a wife and 3 kids; 14 year old son, 8 year old daughter and a 6 year old son.

How long have I've been diving:

32 years, started diving when I was 6 years old with my dad.

Biggest Fish/Catch:

31.5 lbs Lingcod

11.6 lbs Spiny Lobster

11.25 inch Abalone

7.75 inch Scallop

Something else no one knows about you:

Around 6 years ago I found an Abalone around 9.5 inches. I decided to keep checking on him every year to see how it was doing. It is now around 10.25 inches and I am going to let it grow to see how big it gets.

Deepest Depth:

65 ft freediving

Best static:
    Can not hold my breath for shit !! LOL
    2:50

Favorite Gun/spear:

Riffe Metal Tech, Pathos Laser Open Pro 60,Pathos Laser Open Pro 82

Fins:

C4 Mustangs

Some Interesting Facts About You:

I hosted 8 big abalone and lingcod dive competition fundraisers for 2 nonprofit groups SCAN and Watermens Alliance. I have also created and run an online forum called Norcal Underwater Hunters.com. I enjoy diving and teaching abalone and spearfishing classes and getting new people into the sport. To me the ocean is my life and my passion and I preach that to my family and friends. I live by the words: MY WORST DAY DIVING IS STILL BETTER THAN MY BEST DAY AT WORK!

Hope to see you on the water!

• Welcome

Nice intro

Great catches -PR's

That is a sick Bug. :thumbsup2:

• Welcome, really cool about watching and seeing how big it grows, does a static matter? [emoji6]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele