pole spear suggestions

• Hello,I dive reefs that are right off my local beaches in martin county.And I want to start using a pole spear but I dont want to spend alot,so which pole spear and what size would be good for this.

B.B.
    Bathtub brawlers

• I've had a few and would recommend you check out the headhunter predator if a 9' spear will work in your diving conditions. Sometimes there's a good deal on Craigslist just keep your eyes open.

Promontorium Tremendum

• I've had a few and would recommend you check out the headhunter predator if a 9' spear will work in your diving conditions. Sometimes there's a good deal on Craigslist just keep your eyes open.

This. Also the 9' gatku with a flopper or headhunter slip tip but the latter can be costly.

Brad

• Hello,I dive reefs that are right off my local beaches in martin county.And I want to start using a pole spear but I dont want to spend alot, so which pole spear and what size would be good for this.

Don't want to spend a lot? You can do better for cost vs quality.

DIY pole can be lowest cost, Be happy to help if you want to make your own pole with less $$ investment and more elbow grease on your side.

E.g. < College Kid, under $50 for making his own pole. I didn't sell him a pole spear, but made a good friend in helping him out. He decided to outfit his pole with my tips >

Hopefully post school-days he can write software for me. :)

• Im not familiar with game fish off of florida beaches....really at all. But In HI I use a simple graphit/fiberglass 3 prong. These are cheap (easy to make and to buy), fast, and reliable for small game fish. If youre into tinkering I feel like making your own spear would be the best route. Just copy a big brand pole spear, they really arent that technologically advanced.

Anywho, id start cheap with graphite, and when you build up your shooting and stalking skills, then look into a higher end spear or building a custom DIY spear.

IMO, DIY spearfishing equipment will give you way more satisfaction.