new build last steps

• Hi everybody ,

I have read a lot of useful threads in this forum ,time to start my own ,I just finish the coating of my new build 120 Cm snake teak gun ,I'm going to the beach next week for (balancing /ballast ) ,I'll use a 150 cm Spear 7 mm ,I prefer the gun to be under water level by 4 in when spear inside and float when it out ,now after reading many posts there are 2 directions to ballast/balance the gun , first option(as majority like) I ll add weight till I get full loaded gun in horizontal position under sea level by 4 in ,and second option to add weight till the highest part from the full loaded gun is under water line by 4 in but not necessary gun in horizontal may be the muzzle pointing down , then remove the spear and distribute that weight along the gun in order to keep it float horizontally after shooting ,I have tried the second option for small gun and found the muzzle became very heavy and tracking of the fish will be difficult little bit but once I shot the muzzle won't flip after shooting ,my goal here is to reduce the muzzle flip and the recoil ,which one is better ?my last question if I make gun mass 4 or 5 times the shaft mass does it minimize the recoil significantly ?