dry ballast and balance

• if we know the required weight to ballast a gun through calculation and want to distribute it along the gun without visiting the pool or the sea , if i want it when its full rig to be in horizontal level , can I divide the required lead to two mass and located at equal distance from the center of mass of the rigged gun ? is their any disadvantage in this theoretical idea ?I think it was discuss some where but I forget where it was discussed.

• I think it can be done but you have to keep in mind the trigger/handle area. What’s it made of? Where is it located within the stock? Are you going to use a reel? If yes how much does it weigh? Your calculations will get you close but nothing beats going to the beach or using a saltwater tank. My 2c.

• I can't remember the speargun center of mass ever being in the middle. Usually it's closer to the handle, so more weight is needed towards the front. I suppose you can rest the gun on its center of mass (with shaft and bands loaded), then tape all the required weight to it in different positions while keeping it balanced. Needless to say don't let it fall as it could discharge.

• I can't remember the speargun center of mass ever being in the middle. Usually it's closer to the handle, so more weight is needed towards the front. I suppose you can rest the gun on its center of mass (with shaft and bands loaded), then tape all the required weight to it in different positions while keeping it balanced. Needless to say don't let it fall as it could discharge.

just did it with 90%success :) but 3 places of lead +aluminium handle frame