Mounting a camera on a Rob Allen gun

• spearos---I finally got the camera and UW case.
    Now the question is--how best to mount the camera on my RA guns that already have reels on them?
    I like the simplicity of using Tin Mans camera / barrel mount, but do not know how the camera mounted ahead of the reel will work. Also remember that the RA has the bottom line release so that the shooting line has to pass the reel and now maybe the camera mount.
    For this reason I was thinking of a grip mount for the camera but am concerned about the camera being in the way of my chest while cocking the bands.
    I do not want to reinvent the wheel, surely someone else has solved this RA/camera/reel problem before and can help me.
    Thank you

edit--I don't know if I put this in the correct section.

• i think the line release will work just fine over the reel and the camera mount...if i remember Jeff's mount, the delrin is pretty smooth and there should n't be any hangup issue.

remember that once the line release let's go, the line is basically free and should be able to move passed the potential obstructions.

I'd try it and see if in a diving day you have any issues

i like to spear fish

• I foresee Tinman's new invention. A Camera/reel mount that has a line release incoporated. Right Jeff?:laughing3:
    Yes, I had to go there. It would pretty trick though.

• Tin Man---thanks for the reply.
    I wish my RA HAD a side line release like Paul's Euro. There would be much less risk of a shooting line hang up with a side release.
    I guess there is only one way to find out if your barrel camera mount will work is to try it.
    Is there anyone in my area that sells your camera mount [like Florida Freedivers or Pargo] or should I order it from you please?
    If you wanted, you could PM me the details.
    Again, thank you for the reply

• Marco---getting closer to having pictures now. :)
    I got the camera 2 weeks ago.
    Just picked up the UW camera case from stevo. We met on the street in Hollywood Fl. like 2 drug dealers exchanging packages:D
    And the last component, the camera/RA mount, should arrive from Tin Man this week:D
    If everything fits and works I should have pictures this week of the monster 14in hog fish we are happy to get:thumbsup2:

The camera/UW case seem pretty heavy. I hope that my 120RA will still float after mounting the camera. If not then my options are to try the camera on my 130RA and if that still sinks then my only other option is to switch out barrels from aluminum to carbon. But that is a lot of money for me:0

• I took some pics of Tin Man's camera mount installed on hau's Rob Allen gun. Night caught up with us and I wasn't able to take the pics outdoors in daylight. Digital cameras don't take good indoor pics so the quality ain't so hot. But it should give some idea of how the mount fits.

• Pargo---those are amazing pictures with the lighting conditions:thumbsup2:
    Thank you

LunkerBuster--Thank you. And the gun even recoils less with the added weight of the cam:thumbsup2:

stevo---I asked scott today if he had ever had his RA accidently fire with the safty on and he said no. He said "why?' I said good, cause if you see me pointing my gun at you I'm taking your picture. He said "glad you warned me" :D