• :toast2: This is a great forum,,,,,,,,,,,thks for the invitation, I look forward to it, was getting tired of other forums,,,,,,,,thks:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• Welcome :thumbsup2: That's a nice looking Sten in your avatar pic. If your ever going to sell it, send me a PM. You just can't find these thing's anymore :D

• I wouldn't mind seeing some close up pics of that gun.

It's not the one in his avatar but it's a sten from around the same time his was made.

Only difference in this one is that the neon colored piece on the trigger is adjustable.

• Might of been...? It was a piece of rubber that had a slit in the middle so it could go around the barrel. It's laying somewhere in the house, I've never known what's the purpose of that thing.

• It feels more like rubber than foam I'll look for it and try and post a pic for you. I'm not 100% sure but it might of been thrown away, I haven't seen it since I bought the gun (april 07)

Those pics are from the auction listing on ebay when I bought the gun. The lady that sold me the gun is from Port Saint Lucie and had bought the gun new for her father but he was too old and didn't spear any more so she decided to sell it. I guess her father must of been short or she just bought the gun that way..?

It's a 120cm sten and i rigged it with a 54" spear, I'm 5'11" and I don't need a knee loader to load the gun so I took it off.

• I do use it, it's my all around gun. 120cm pneumatic is the biggest pneumatic I can load with out using a knee loader. I also have a 150cm (modern) Sten w/knee loader, pneumatics are my favorite guns for all around use. The only band gun I have is a 150cm rob allen, which I never use.

• :shark1:I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome, the Mares Sten on the avatar is long gone,,,,,,,I could not get replacement parts for it, I now use a seac sub 135cm for my hunting. Ref to loading, last year at the dema convention,Tata Lanza showed me how to easily load these big guns without a knee loader, ever since I have been using his system , it works great, you can also reload very quickly,if anyone needs the info on how to do it, just let me know and I will be happy to explain,,, again thks for the warm reception, and I really look forward to this forum,,,,,thks Felix::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• Please explain.

:shark1:I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome, the Mares Sten on the avatar is long gone,,,,,,,I could not get replacement parts for it, I now use a seac sub 135cm for my hunting. Ref to loading, last year at the dema convention,Tata Lanza showed me how to easily load these big guns without a knee loader, ever since I have been using his system , it works great, you can also reload very quickly,if anyone needs the info on how to do it, just let me know and I will be happy to explain,,, again thks for the warm reception, and I really look forward to this forum,,,,,thks Felix::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Davie Peguero

• Yes, It does,,,,,, I use a 3 tier system that is easier to do,,,,,,,,just add another loader between the top and bottom one.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• I've never used a knee loader but I understand the concept and question why it would be called that. The guns are designed to load with the handle on the top of the foot and one arm reaching out. Thus the max length of gun and shaft combined that a diver can comfortably load is equal to the distance between the extremities. It looks to me like the "knee loader" would be used to place on the foot, not on the knee, to increase that distance. So why is it called a knee loader?

• I've never used a knee loader but I understand the concept and question why it would be called that. The guns are designed to load with the handle on the top of the foot and one arm reaching out. Thus the max length of gun and shaft combined that a diver can comfortably load is equal to the distance between the extremities. It looks to me like the "knee loader" would be used to place on the foot, not on the knee, to increase that distance. So why is it called a knee loader?

Don't know but that's what I've always heard it reffered to. It's never made any sense to me either and everytime I show someone the gun and they try and place it on there knee i just :laughing3:
    I've bought both a 120 and 150 and they both came with "knee loaders"