• Nice Rolo. My current boat is just like that. 1979 20' Wellcraft, side console,small cabin, two pedestal seats and the rest is open. Great boat to spear of off. I'd still to get a RIB though.

• Normally we put her in the water just the two of us; boat first and then the motor.

I´m not sure about the weight, but two people is enough to launch it. We do it at the marina. No ramp needed, but as I said, first the boat, then the motor. One person can hold the motor alone, but two is better.

Mine, which is the simplest and smallest, has 3 air chambers plus the air floor. It is very VERY difficult (for not saying impossible) to sink that bitch. Punctures could be repaired temporarily with superglue if not too big, but normally you can return to the shore to do a better job. Anyway, if you are careful and minimum preventions are taken, it is very rare to puncture it.

The day of that picture was unbelievable! We went to our “wahoo´s spot” and they were all over. We got 5 each and I told Manuel to leave the place, otherwise there could be 10 more… They were just so curious that virtually came after us every time we did a midwater aspetto…. :0

There is a misconception about ribs. In my opinion, the fiberglass hulled ones handle far better than a similar size standard boat. They have less inner space though, but they are unsinkable and for two or 3 spearfishermen are the most economical option fuel wise and you can haul a 16´with a 50 HP motor without the needing of a SUV or a truck, you could do it with a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla, just to give you an idea.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• wow, awesome...thanks for that info...i am really going to look into one.

and , yes, you really are the coolest person ever in that pic, not because of the killing spree you had, but because you are a good enough spearo to leave the rest there. cheers to you and your mate

i like to spear fish