• I knew you'd chime in.:D
    I've found a couple of nice ones in the 14-17ft range. At the same time I found some jetskis for good prices. I'm torn between the two:confused1:

They each have their pros and cons.

• Jetski is if you're a loner and like it. It's not likely you'll find someone else with a jetski to buddy up with, and going tandem on a jetski is a little :cherna: :)

A RIB is the best of both worlds, light and easy to launch, plus you can bring friends. The possibility of a puncture is always present so I'd only bring experienced guys.

Is one of the RIBs a deal I'd be interested in?

• Yeah two people om ski is def :cherna:. Lightweight,easy to tow, and fuel economy is something they both have. The only thing that's really appealing about the ski is running out at 60mph.

Depends on what size your looking at. 14ft 5K. 17ft 10K. boat, trailer and motor. hypalon.

Edited 3 times, last by Mariner ().

• Nice Marco. The ones I'm looking at have center consoles. The price difference is pretty significant but the feature differences are subtle. One has a Honda, the other a Yamaha. One's an Avon the other is a Zodiac.All things being equal, you're paying for name brand:rolleyes1:

• I would go with the rib. If something were to happen(like a bad motor, notorious on jet skis) I'd rather be adrift on rib than on a ski and believe me the ski will eventually flip.

• Now I understand the prices Frank. I wouldn't go for a center console on a RIB. There's not much space in the first place and the center console takes away even more.

Marco, how long is the RIB in your pic?

• Mine is an air floor, as Mariner said. I bought it used 8 years ago for like US$ 500 with a 15 HP Yamaha Enduro (year ´89). It is a 11´ and has paid her cost thousands of times in terms of fish cached… We bought a new motor just last year (Suzuki 15 HP) just because fixing the Yamaha costs about half the new one (it fall of ino the sea and started to give us some hard time). I left her in Venezuela when I moved to PR and Manuel is in charge of it. He bought the new motor and now we are “partners” with the boat. I use it every time I go there. It is my best purchase ever in terms of spearfishing gear.
    They are not as roomy as a boat, but they are very stable and virtually unsinkable. Not to mention that you don´t need a truck to haul them and the fuel economy is the best you can get. Jet-skis are a pain in the ass. They are always broken.

Make sure to get one with Neoprene-Hypalon tubes. They will last forever and are very easy to repair in case of punctures

If you are going with two friends maximum, that will be your best choice. If you get organized, it can handle all your gear and a cooler. Of course, one gun per person and not much spare gear into the boat.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• i wanna go....

do you launch at boat ramps or off the beach?

what does it weigh?

can you repair a puncture at sea?

Are you the coolest person ever in that picture? yes.

i like to spear fish

• I realize the RIB are extremely popular in the Med, but I would not buy one. I've rode several here and usually felt stuffy. My first boat was a 1969 Glassmaster that was a whole 16'. Great for Miami where I used it regularly. I bought it for $2500 and sold it for $2K. Sometimes I regret selling it, but fortunately, I sold it to a friend and I think I fish off it now more than on my own. It handled well, was roomy that many times fit four. Had plenty of deck space as the steering wheel was on the front starboard side. It was a great first boat and did the job and always brought in fish while being extremely economical. No worries on punctures, cooler space, gear, etc...

It was called The Comet...or El Cometa