Different kind of hog

• Well, with my heel still healing up from a quarter sized hole due to some blisters, I figured I'd try some different type of hunting. I was joined by JC, his father inlaw and Emil. Great time with great company.

Can't wait to eat some of her.

• Thanks Frank,

It's converted Saiga with a romanian folding stock – its not mine. I had planned to shoot my AR, but didn't have time to zero my scope and had forgotten the tools to take it off so I could use my iron sights... Double lung shot. She was already in full run, and dropped 10yrds from where I shot her. It was a pretty exciting sequence....

• Good work ,Gerald...Dan, you'd enjoy the dog hunt. You oughta get with Noah and go out with his bunch. I'd bring mine down there but the terrain and vegetation of Florida kinda takes the mystic out of sight hounds.That and the fact that I've been given strict instructions to turn mine out on hogs no more until more are added to the brace.

Marco, I'm thinking 'chicharonnes' from a feral hog would be like deep-fried shoe leather. I dunno, though. Never thought to try it.

Again,Gerald, nicely done and slick rifle.

• Don´t you eat the "chicharrón"?

Marco, maybe next time. ;) I think Aaron wouldn't be far off though as far as taste. Also, the animals are so lean, there is barely any of that nice fat under the skin like with domestic hogs. And then there is all that greasy hair to get rid off also...

Aaron, thanks for the kind words. Who said you can't hunt with an "assault" rifle? ;)

Edited 3 times, last by gerald ().

• awesome...down here we like our pigs whole and cooked slow in a hole in the ground :)

at least I do

i have only ever hunted varmit and it was very exciting and fun, I can only imagine what real quarry would be like...thanks for sharing

i like to spear fish