Mako 130 al or Rob Allen 130 al ????

• MonsterSlayer my Aimrite is 120 so it is a little smaller than the Riffe 130 so that is why it is slightly better as far as maneuverability in the water, I dont think I am going to sell my 130, been thinking about it and it is just too nice to sell and yeah I would probably regret it too much...lol.

• Love it, I actually like the handle, some don't , but, everyone is different right? I also like how light it is but has a thick strong carbon barrell, mine is the super venom model, Rick was a stand up guy when ordering and answered all my questions. The line release is on the side and the trigger mech is real nice, all in all a great gun.

• No euro gun could ever be compared with a wooden speargun in terms of durability. The performance between a Riffe Euro 130 and any other railgun of the same length for that matter is negligible . No railgun passing the 100 cm length is easy to track with. A railgun is better suited for ambush hunting in which the gun is tucked at the side and then extended towards the intended target. or extended and then pointed at the target. Swinging a gun most of the time is not even an option, even a midhandle is not suited for that purpose. Anticipation vs tracking kind of thing. Do not sell your Riffe euro, you will end up regreting it. 130 is a nice lenght, but it´s already entering the very clear water realm. I don´t see how an aimrite gun could track better than any other similar gun, maybe aimrite knows something that other manufacturers ignore. I don´t think the life time warranty has to do nothing with it. For the price an aimrite runs, I think Riffe is a far better rig than any aimrite in my opinion.

Good post monster and I really like the points I put in bold. People talk a lot about ease of tracking with one gun versus another, when in reality there's a big misconception. Any long gun is hard to track. If you really had to swing the gun fast you'd realize that practically any gun is not fast enough. It's planning the approach that's more important and what we most often have to deal with. A fish appearing fast out of nowhere is a comparatively rare event when hunting reef. Anyways once you get to guns that are as slim as guns could be whether in the wood or pipe category, the factor that affords the biggest advantage is the handle/grip and how much leverage it allows you over the gun.

• Good post monster and I really like the points I put in bold. People talk a lot about ease of tracking with one gun versus another, when in reality there's a big misconception. Any long gun is hard to track. If you really had to swing the gun fast you'd realize that practically any gun is not fast enough. It's planning the approach that's more important and what we most often have to deal with. A fish appearing fast out of nowhere is a comparatively rare event when hunting reef. Anyways once you get to guns that are as slim as guns could be whether in the wood or pipe category, the factor that affords the biggest advantage is the handle/grip and how much leverage it allows you over the gun.

I am totally agree with you in this one. The handle is the most important thing when it comes to manuever a gun, cause a slight turn of the wrist is what it takes to point the gun at the target.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I have a couple of these to play with, of a slightly earlier design (2 screws) and unanodized. They are a little large for my hands, but the molded rubber grips are really nice, and something that I haven't seen available on any similar handles. I had kind of forgotten that I had them, but I want to experiment and see if I can sand the grips down a little to better fit my hand.

• Those are really comparable. Think Rabitech and Rob Allen. Mako is better priced and is sturdier due to the ss in the trigger mech. Neither are as good as pelaj tho. Pelaj is the shit :D

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I have used the RA Vecta for a couple of years now with 2 16mm bands and never had a problem with the trigger. I know there was some issues with the trigger and safety sometime ago and the dive factory came out with a new trigger and changed them out free of charge. I would go with which ever one feels better in your hand. Simotal/Picasso has been using plastic cartridge triggers for years pretty much without fail so the trigger issue is a non-issue to me. Get the one that fits your hand the best.

Someone also stated that there is nothing one manufacturer can do to make the gun swing better, I would also disagree look at the shape of the Cayman HF and HF2 I believe the difference it tracking is noticeable.

Of the two I prefer the RA because of the handle (even though its not my favorite) and the track on
    the gun.

If the trigger is that big of an issue then get an Aimrite and you will have no worries.

• attan---RA Vecta Tuna 1200 (120cm)
    sdeisen has a Mako now but is gonna buy RA next
    Marco shoots RA
    fishingdude just bought RA
    LunkerBuster shoots RA 120
    scott shots RA110
    Dino shoots RA 110
    the list goes on and on :D

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• That just prove that you are a bunch of railgun junkies :D