Spearfishing videos reviews

• This is a thread for reviewing spearfishing videos. Post your review, favorable or unfavorable.

Here's a list of spearfishing videos I have, all in DVD format, when I have time I will back review some of them.

Australia and New Zealand
    Immersion Spearfishing The NSW North Coast – Part 2
    Immersion Spearfishing The NSW North Coast – Part 4
    Extreme Blue Water Action - Bluewater Hunting International
    Diving Adventures In Vanuatu - Bluewater Hunting International
    Spearfishing Safari Coral Sea - Bluewater Hunting International
    Spearfishing In The Coral Sea - Bluewater Hunting International
    Blue Visions
    Deep Blue

Mediterranean
    Triumph Over The Sea - Alberto March (Spanish)
    To The Limit - Alberto March (Spanish)
    Sprearfishing The Strait of Gibraltar Vol. 3 (Spanish)
    Spearfishing In Fall (Italian) - Spearfishing In Cadiz (Spanish)
    Underwater Spearfishing With J.B Escapez
    Spearfishing World Championships In Porto Christo 1992 (Spanish)

Africa
    African Spearfishing Diaries Vol. 1
    Extreme Spearfishing In Gabon (Spanish) - Michel Reboul Productions
    Big Game Spearfishing In Senegal (Spanish) - Michel Reboul Productions

Florida Bahamas and Caribbean
    Oceans In action
    Oceans In action II
    Spearfishing The Palm Beaches Florida vol. 1
    Livin' In The Florida Keys

Brazil
    Spearfishing In Brazil With Paulo Pacheco
    Pesca Sub Brasil (Spearfishing Brazil Portuguese)
    Pesca Sub Brasil IV (Spearfishing Brazil Portuguese)

Central America
    Searching
    Spearfishing In Panama (Spanish)

California and Mexico
    Blue Spearfishing The Californias
    Gone To Baja Treasures In Gonzaga
    Blue water hunters - Terry Maas

Hawaii
    O'ahu Still Get Fish
    The Best Of HSD vol. 2
    The Best Of HSD vol. 3
    HSD Hunting With The Hana Pa’a Crew
    Legends Of The Blue
    The Reef And Beyond

Freedive And Spearfishing Instruction
    The Spearo's Guide - 23six (2 disc)
    Freediving Made Easy - Terry Maas
    Ultimate Spearfishing - Pipin Ferreras
    Ultimate Spearfishing III Back To Bottom Hunting - Pipin Ferreras (Spanish)
    Ultimate Spearfishing IV Breaking The Barrier - Pipin Ferreras

Other
    Spearfishing The World
    The Art Of Spearfishing
    With Just One Breath - Pipin Ferreras (Spanish)
    Blue Planet Seas Of Life Tidal Seas And Coasts
    Blue Planet Seas Of Life Open Ocean And The Deep
    Blue Planet Seas Of Life Seasonal Seas And Coral Seas
    Blue Planet Seas Of Life Ocean World And Frozen Seas
    Air Jaws And Air Jaws II
    Attack! Maneaters Sharks And Crocodiles

Some covers.

• This a short review of the Blue Visions video. Filmed around Australia it features spearing a big variety of species. There isn't much in the way of narration or dialog but if you want to see fish getting speared this is hard to beat, the video is long and has tons of great spearing footage.

• The Spearo's Guide is a locally (South Florida) produced DVD by the president of the West Palm Beach Freedivers club. It's a very good basic to intermediate instructional video covering a wide range of gear and its usage. I'd highly recommend it to a someone starting out in spearfishing. It doesn't have a lot of interesting hunting footage, but then that's not what this video claims to be. Our very own Greekdiver makes a cameo appearance in the pneumatic spearguns segment :)

Available from www.FreediveStore.com

• That is quite a collection of spearfishing videos you got there Dan. (not sure if you got them all or is just for rating purposes). I can't wait to see the reviews on the latest/newest titles. Great thread!!!!!!!!

• Better late than never, I just saw O'ahu still get fish. Nice video. I liked the narration, a little bit of instruction, a little bit of humor, the personalities of the divers seem to come through. Video quality is very good. I like how the structure of the video was by fish species, alternating between pelagics and reef fish.

• I shot it at the Dania eurojacks, almost took my gun and float, luckily the gun handle got caught on a huge sleeping sea turtle which gave me time to catch up to it. After some cleaning it played good.

:atongue:

• I saw Sprearfishing The Strait of Gibraltar Vol. 3 (Spanish) nice freediving and really big groupers but they didnt film the shots..but its all freediving..they go really deep..but im tired os the mediterranean movies..lookin forward to but oceans in action 1 n 2:)

• I've been looking for this thread for a while, I finally found it. I got my hands on African Spearfishing Diaries II and III (courtesy of Dan) and I really enjoyed them. My favorite volumes would be 1 and III due to the type of fish and environments they show. Volume II is not bad but they spend too much time talking about Rob Allen and their new products etc..... They are really pushing that belt reel and after a while it started bugging me because I just wanted to see more spearing action. So if you guys have a chance check them out.

• A timeless spearfishing classic; Extreme Underwater Hunting with the legend Antoine Berry, at the oil rigs off the coast of Gabon Africa. While the taking of sharks and giant grouper may appear unsporting to the uninitiated, the risks to the unaided freediving spearfisher are very real. This is another aspect of spearfishing that few of us will ever get to experience. Many fish species other than grouper and shark are taken in this video. All fish were for local consumption.

DVD Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGSP-FrA8Ms

• Just finished watching Fish To The Bone. I liked it. It's focused around one diver, Brod Whitaker, spearfishing the South African east coast. The pace is just right. It has a good mix of shooting and non-shooting footage, as well as some interviews and local scenery. One of the nice things about it is that it's %60 beach diving and the inshore waters are surprisingly rich with very interesting fish species. It made me remember I should be taking advantage of our waters more often.

New Spearfishing Video - FISH TO THE BONE - YouTube

• I liked this as well:thumbsup5:

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!