HELP...Rob Allen line release... NOT RELEASING

• I thought I had noodle arm last weekend when I fired my RA 7 times and took no fish. I was watching the videos I took and one video showed the shaft leaving the gun and the shooting line never left the line release. I was concerned that it was catching in the bands or something so i secured the gun (unloaded) to a chair, pulled the trigger and walked the spear away from the gun...as I did this, the spear would reach the end of the line that is on top of the gun and then it was a little click required to get the line release to let the rest of the line go. is this not an issue because the spear is usually travelling with sufficient force to overcome this, or is this a sign that something is not working? anyone have any experience with the RA line release? the handle looks impossible to take apart so I don't know what to do here. any help?

i like to spear fish

• Flush it with some heavy flow of water, the problem is due to a rock or even sand stuck into the trigger mech. Do it for a long time and shake it an tap it for a while. Also shake it a bit too hear any loose pieces or debris. I hope this would solve it !!:(

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• The trigger cassette should come out easily enough. Not much to it I think so just clean it out. Maybe take the opportunity to replace the plastic line release with a stainless steel one if they have it.

• Line release part that the shaft pushes down probably has a grain of sand in there.

1. Take out shaft and hold gun horizontal.
    2. Move line release forward as if releasing after firing and let go.

It should reset by gravity alone and not stay up in the release position.

Davie Peguero

• Line release part that the shaft pushes down probably has a grain of sand in there.

1. Take out shaft and hold gun horizontal.
    2. Move line release forward as if releasing after firing and let go.

It should reset by gravity alone and not stay up in the release position.

I was thinking about what you said and after checking my two guns (110 and 120) it seems like the line release is returned to its position by a spring. Its weird because I don't remember seeing this before on previous Vecta guns. I wonder if this may have something to do with LB issue, and was this added to later versions of the gun??? Can other Rob Allen users collaborate on this? I am almost tempted to remove the spring, I don't know how big of a difference this makes I just liked it better when it was spring free.