Fin problems

• hey Fellas,
    I figure I would post this here first.

I'm having a issue with my Edge blades. I don't know why but the rails to my foot pockets will not stay attached to the blades. I called Dennis because my fins were still under warranty but the only solution he gave me was to either drill a hole in my fins or permanently insert them with Epoxy. From what I understood my fins were still under warranty:confused2:

Anyways, neither of those solutions seem like a good idea. Even though I am not crazy bout drilling hole in my fins it seems like this is the only real way to fix the problem. I came across this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVzBtkJmBnw&feature=related

Does anybody know where I can get these clips? What should I do?

• You don't need any of that.

Which footpockets are you using? If they're omer then they have the conventional T slot inside the tendons which should accept the tendon rails and grip them securely. If the omer pockets are not doing this, it is most likely caused by crappy tendon rails on the edge blades.

This is what the small rails look like (the ones on the right).

The solution is to scrape off your old tendon rails, just the small ones not the wide water channeling rails, and glue on new better designed ones. The small rails should look like this.

If you insist on going the clip way just use zip ties.

• I would go with trying the rails as shown above.

If that doesn't work, I use plastic clips/clamps. No drilling needed.(on the new mares footpockets with diveR fin) it works well.

• Thanks Dan,
    I figured you would have an answer. Thanks alot for the visuals. It helped me out big time.
    I just removed the the old tendon rails. Where can i buy new ones? My channeling rails are looking pretty bad also. I'm probably going to replace those also.

Larry thanks for the advice. PM sent

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• Fletch, I've been meaning to post up the small rails on the website for a while now so I took this opportunity to do so http://www.freedivingspearfishinggear.com/41-test.html
    I'll do the same with the wide water channeling rails shortly.

I've also been meaning to do a little instructional video on gluing the rails to the blade. It's not difficult but some guy's who have never seen it done before will be put at ease about doing it themselves.

• Fletch---Welcome to the best freedivingspearfishing forum ever.
    Good spearos here that like to share their knowledge and adventures and help other spearos.

My definition of "Fin Problem"is== being at 60fsw when my POS Omer Ice Blade snaps in two :(

Dan--thanks for posting the great info about fins :thumbsup2:

• Marco, that is not necessarily correct. For the super glue to work the tendons have to be in good contact/flush with the rails. Often this is not the case, even when the rails and footpockets are new.

• After this thread my fins should never come out again after replacing the tendon rails, getting these clips and super gluing them. Better to be safe then sorry.

Dan, Please include 4 tendon rails along with my order of my suit. I will be sure to include the $ with my with the second payment.