GoPro HD Underwater Blurry Fix

• Oh that looks sweet! I'm calling dibs on testing it a little deeper :)

I figured you'd be up to it :D

Fletch that is a great looking rig...have you tested it? no leaks? i imagine it might add a little drag on ascent, but it still looks quite low profile.

be careful swinging your head quickly as the added mass might make the mask want to pull away from your face due to the centrifical force.

i like to spear fish

• Nice clean work!

x2

That is a beautiful job (as usual) Tin Man:thumbsup2:
    Thanks for spending so much time on this project. I'm sure many will benefit from your time and effort. I know that I have been patiently waiting for this GoPro modification and all the pictures soon to come. Thank you :toast:

LunkerBuster--congratulations sir. I too know how exciting it is to get a package in the mail from Tin Man :excited1:
    Hoping to see lots of great spearin pictures from you soon :thumbsup2:

Fletch--looks good bro.:thumbsup2:
    Would you mind sharing your method of attachment?

• okay, things are going well so far...rather than upload the massive videos i just went with some screenshots to show the important points...
    1) IT WORKS!! not to miss the big picture, the images are sharp and nice and regardless of anything else it is a huge improvement.
    2)there is minimal vingietting in the 720 format, more than minimal in the 960 and none in the 1080.

here are the 720 samples

i like to spear fish

• im gonna take it out sunday..it needs a depth test first without the camera, my plan was to stuff some rice paper in there and take it down to 40 ft a few times...then remove and inspect the paper..if it is dry, throw the camera in there and document some hunting ...if you want to give it a whirl on sat you are more than welcome...gimme a call

i like to spear fish

• btw, that annoying dot in the middle of all the shots is somehow inside the camera not a flaw with Jeff's design....on the plus side, PoPro assured me that if I paid shipping they would clean, repair or replace it as needed, which I very much like in a company :toast:

i like to spear fish

• Well that kind of sucks with the black ring visible at some settings. Rambo pretty much called that one dead on. What setting will you typicall use?

R5 is the best setting for what we do. And it should work fine the way you did it.

• i use the r3 setting which is 720 at 60fps..i like the ability to go slomo...i do not find the vignetting to be an issue on that setting as it is out in the corners and minimal.

the 1080 stuff is way too large and often will never play right on my POS computer, but it does look amazing on my 56" tv :D

i like to spear fish

• i use the r3 setting which is 720 at 60fps..i like the ability to go slomo...i do not find the vignetting to be an issue on that setting as it is out in the corners and minimal.

the 1080 stuff is way too large and often will never play right on my POS computer, but it does look amazing on my 56" tv :D

720p in 60fps and 1080p at 30fps stresses the computer the same. There are a few things you can do to help run the files better.

720p will make everything look way too small and far away. You will notice this once you start filming. 1080p will show the images much closer.

• Use VLC player

Covert to mpeg2

You can also covert 1080p to 720p

POOF! MAGIC!

I suggest you go to Rambos forum. It has all the info you need.

• thanks Harry, I do use VLC, it rules... is there a program you recommend to convert to Mpeg2 and will mpeg2 work on youtube as I have had to convert everything to AVI which is a PIA.

if you saw my 5 year old, homemade laptop, you'd understand why playing these videos feel like magic :D haha

i like to spear fish