GoPro HD Underwater Blurry Fix

• thanks Harry, I do use VLC, it rules... is there a program you recommend to convert to Mpeg2 and will mpeg2 work on youtube as I have had to convert everything to AVI which is a PIA.

if you saw my 5 year old, homemade laptop, you'd understand why playing these videos feel like magic :D haha

My playback was a little bit choppy at times. I changed my OS to windows 7 and my computer flys. I dont remember which program is good to convert to mpeg2. I would really suggest you read some threads on Rambos forum. Goproforums. There is a lot of helpful info there. Youtube does take mpeg2.

• okay so i failed to get any testing done today...the current was so bad on the first reef that we didn't want to push on in case it was worse in more water...the case was in my gear bag with my flasher and the camera in a dry bag...i never even got to 30fsw and i never got the case wet.

if it can be worked out in a mutually convenient way Dan, you are welcome to give it a deep test.

i like to spear fish

• I have yet to test it but my friend Kelly uses this very same set-up as I do and he has tons of videos. It seems to have worked well for him. I wonder about the drag myself since i have yet to use it on my mask. I will take some videos this week and let you guys know how it came out.

Hau- It's hard to explain w/o visual aids so I will take some pictures this week on how I did mine so it will be more helpful.

• Hey guys,

few questions since I'm new to this gopro thing.

For diving which exposure setting do you think I should use? I was thinking SPt since the water up here tends too be murky 95% of the time.

Also, Could you recommend a good SD card? GoPro recommends a class @ least a class 4. Is it necessary to get a higher class? How many GB should I use so I can film a good 5 hours worth of spearing?

• i have heard that some of the off brand cards will have issues with vibrating and shaking and will record corrupt videos....they recommend kingston brand...I would say that a 16gb is best as it is big enough but not prohibitively expensive.

Greekdiver recommends 1080 as it is the most magnified, which is to say, has the least fish eye and the most realistic depth of field

i like to spear fish

• R5 setting
    1 Patriot class 6 16gb memory
    2 batteries or 3 batteries if you dive aggressive

• I bought a ScanDisk Ultra 16GB card. I was not aware of the classes...it is a class 4. I figured it was the best since it was $90. I switched from using the 5 (1080) setting to the 4 (720) setting because the 5 setting was a little choppy. I guess I need to play around with it a little more and figure out if it is my computer or the card.

I uploaded a video to youtube using the 4 setting from the eyeofmine case. I noticed a white ring from the video. The instructions told me to black out the silver ring around the lense. However, I never noticed it before I put it on youtube.

The 4 setting really looks great on my computer and when I burn it to DVD. However, obv I would like to use the 5 setting if it is smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpvqTflSXE

• Nice video.

The problem is your computer not the card. You can test this by playing back the video by connecting the camera to a flat screen tv. You will enjoy the r5 setting more.

• awesome video and GREAT teamwork....you guys are tough for not using gloves.

I love the obligatry "check the camera to make sure it is filming look" hilarious.

I also enjoyed when you looked at the camera t otalk shit after your buddy whiffed on the first shot..classic

i like to spear fish

• Thanks for the nice comments guys. It made it a watchable video with him whiffing on the first shot. I will try to post a trip report. We did pretty good over there last weekend. I have seen lots of big hogs this summer -- i dont know if i am a better freediver or less people have been coming over to the islands...probably both.

Greek - I will switch back to the 5 setting. it did look beautiful on my samsung.

Lunker - I was suppose to only be the video guy on that 1 specific dive, so i left the gloves in the boat!

• x2
    Fletch--looks good bro.:thumbsup2:
    Would you mind sharing your method of attachment?

Sorry, I wasn't able to take the pictures yet but I will try to explain it the best I can.

On the mask drill a screw right about the bridge of the nose and seal it with silicone silicone sealant and tighten with a bold. make sense?

• okay so i failed to get any testing done today...the current was so bad on the first reef that we didn't want to push on in case it was worse in more water...the case was in my gear bag with my flasher and the camera in a dry bag...i never even got to 30fsw and i never got the case wet.

if it can be worked out in a mutually convenient way Dan, you are welcome to give it a deep test.

Anybody get a chance to try it out yet?

• i got to take it to like 20 ft, but that is not much more pressure than in my pool or in your fish tank...it did not leak at all. I am sick as a dog right now, otherwise I would have gotten it out this weekend.

I apologize Jeff, this part must be really annoying to you....i will get it wet ASAP, trust me, it is very impt to me as well ;)

i like to spear fish

• Hey Guys,

I have a question about Blu Ray and the Go Pro.

Does anyone have any experience with the picture quality comparison of burning the go pro 1080p video to blu ray rather than a normal DVD?

My initial thought was it would be spectacular to watch the video on blu ray, but perhaps because the video is underwater the detail might not be noticable between a Blu Ray disc and a regular DVD mainly because i am not diving in crystal clear water.

Also, when I playback the HD Hero through my Sony PS3 via the usb cable, is it true 1080P or do I lose some resolution? This would help me decide whether a blu ray burner might be worth the cost. If the Blu Ray looks identical to the USB than I will probably skip on the Blu Ray burner.

Thanks.