GoPro HD Underwater Blurry Fix

• Sorry about that, i accidentaly clicked the german photo hosting site, and must've clicked thumbnail view by mistake.

Here's a larger version:

To stop from light entering in from the rims of the lens and spacer, i added blue electrical tape. that video i posted before was sans the tape, and this little triked fixed that inside reflection issue for the most part

• Thanks Rambo!

i am assuming acrylic spraypaint ought to do the trick? and how about the screen area, and the led area? can i leave them clear?

• The replacement housing for Judah's camera arrived today. I shortened up the screws a bit, and put it all together, and it has so far survived over an hour at the bottom of my fish tank without leaking. Not exactly a torture test, I know, but the best I could come up with.

Judah - It's going in the mail tomorrow. You should get it by the end of the week, so let us know how it works.

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• nice, I'll dive with it this weekend and get it too at least 35ft...i might have to give it to Dan to get it down deep enough to really test it....

i'll do the sponge and paper inside for the first trip just to be sure:D not that I dont have faith Jeff, I just dont have 250$ worth of faith hahaha :toast:

I really appreciate the effort man and I happy to buy the broken case too, like i said, i can use the fisheye fine on land and it doesn't need to be immersion proof for that.
    you are the man...

btw
    I got to get my hands on the guns this weekend, I was pissed you weren't there to chat with and to get credit ....they are SICK...I was so impressed with the whole setup:notworthy3:

i like to spear fish

Edited once, last by LunkerBuster ().

• i'll do the sponge and paper inside for the first trip just to be sure:D not that I dont have faith Jeff, I just dont have 250$ worth of faith hahaha

Absolutely. "Trust but verify" :thumbsup2:

I got to get my hands on the guns this weekend, I was pissed you weren't there to chat with and to get credit ....they are SICK...I was so impressed with the whole setup

Thanks. Every year, I come a little closer to getting on a plane to see what it's all about. But in real life, I'm the stereotypical scatter brained engineer with a total lack of social skills. So it's probably better if Chad goes . . . :D

• YES!!! I can't wait to see what the outcome is. Judah, can you share the video so we can see Jeff's Magic? I would have tried my own solution but knowing my luck I would have messed it up then get mad and throw it out the window.

If you paint everything inside the new lens housing matte black the reflections will disappear.

Rambo-Do you have to paint the entire inside of the housing or can you just paint around the eye/lens?

• On another note. Do you guys have any idea how one could attach this to their mask?

I was thinking of possibly bolting/epoxy on one of those fixture to the mask that came with the motorsports package.

Edited 2 times, last by Guest ().

• Greekdiver had a nice rig he made with a neoprene hat and a helmet strap, it looked quite nice and was pretty stable as far as shaking and such

I think a better mount would be to the side of your head on the mask strap like those mask flashlights. Greekdivers head mount puts the camera out of the water when on the surface or want to record the fish fight.

Davie Peguero

• well, as usual i find myself in awe of Jeff's hanidwork...he is a craftsman and his personal inegrity shows in everything he makes....this is no exception...i am very hopeful about the design based on how tight the camera is to the lens, i feel like the vignetting will be nonexistent on most of settings and will possibly test it tonight...depends on how i feel later about swimming.

thanks Jeff, I will get it tested to 30 ft this weekend (hopefully) and get some video samples in the next few hours

i like to spear fish

• ...i am very hopeful about the design based on how tight the camera is to the lens, i feel like the vignetting will be nonexistent on most of settings

Whew. I'm glad that the camera fit properly. I was a little worried that I might be cutting it too close with the separation from the lense.

...and will possibly test it tonight...depends on how i feel later about swimming.

DO IT! I can't wait to see how it works. I was well along with machining it before I really started to read all the reasons why it probably wouldn't work right.