Nice Mangrove

• No we are definitely being impacted by the spill:(

I shot this fish a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pay much attention to the photos because of the water spots, and had completely forgotten about it. I was going through my pics today and figured I would share it anyway. The MS page has been mighty slow since it's inception:D

• nice fish regardless. congrats. is the spill covering any area youd normally dive?

Not that I am aware of, but I haven't seen any reports of how wide spread it is in the last day or two. Despite where the oil actually is, the Federal Govt. has closed a large portion of Federal waters outside of the State lines to recreational and commercial fishemen, from LA and into parts of FL.:angry5:

https://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/2931/536523/

• That's a big snapper John! How's the ceviche wtih that compared to a big sheephead?

I would think Snapper is better any way you cook it?

• That's a big snapper John! How's the ceviche wtih that compared to a big sheephead?

I would think Snapper is better any way you cook it?

Yes, absolutely. However, as far as ceviche goes, it's pretty much even. The texture of the meat is similar. I don;t understand why sheephead go mush after cooking. The snapper meat is firm once cooked.

• Nice fish Jhon!!!!! be carefull with the spill tough, some 2 years ago we had an oil spill where we ussually fish and surf... lots of fish died, the ecoyistem is still recoverying, you can tell just by looking at it... Pretty sad

Congrats on the catch!!

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

[[===#####===============================-------->
    ........####----------------------------------------------.^^OOO
    .........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• man thats a huge mangrove. the biggest i ever got was maybe 5-6 pounds.
    i didnt even know they can get that big.

• Nice fish Jhon!!!!! be carefull with the spill tough, some 2 years ago we had an oil spill where we ussually fish and surf... lots of fish died, the ecoyistem is still recoverying, you can tell just by looking at it... Pretty sad

Congrats on the catch!!

Thank you. The catch was pre-spill. I haven't been diving since the spill, and don't know when or if we are going to be able to get anytime soon. MS stae waters are still open for fishing and have been unaffected by the spill so far. However, there is really no diveable water inside the stateline. It is just too dirty from the rivers flowing into the gulf.