May 6/2010 Missing freediver St Petersburg area

• Sorry to hear about rip:( DOES ANY BODY KNOW WAS HE DIVING ALONE:nono: AS FOR ME IF I AM GOING I HOPE ITS IN THE WATER :@ PEACE MY BROTHER >>> MY THE GOOD LORD GIVE YOUR FAMILY REST

• We were offshore and only about 10 miles NE of him the day he went missing. It was one of the first real nice weather days we had since winter. Water was still in the upper 60s/low 70s from the frigid winter we had here. Apparently he and his buddy were heading out to do some scuba shooting (they were not experienced freedivers) and as they were preparing to anchor on the Pillsbury wreck a school of AJs came up to the surface to greet them (standard if the school is thick). Guy saw the school of jacks, threw his (scuba) weight belt on, mask and fins and jumped in with his scuba gun. Buddy on the boat never saw him return to the surface. He was located 4 to 5 days later a hundred feet or so off the wreck, lying on the bottom. 1 - the cold water shocked him without a wetsuit, and 2 - he was way overweighted.

RIP

Shoot em when you see em.