Nice shore dive today

• Kyle and I had a nice shore dive today off of Commercial beach blvd, water was nice and warm and flat flat seas. We swam out to first reef then drifted in an almost non existent south current for several hours while looking for dinner. Kyle shot a nice size margate while I took a shot on a passing school of mackerel and although I hit my target it must not of been a good holding shot and he got off. The visibility was nice around 30ft in 40fsw and better on shallower spots (not to deep out there) were the reef comes up more. Kyle then got a nice hog fish and a nice size mutton was just out of range for my next shot and he was moving fast.

The best part was just getting wet and enjoying the day, it was also a pleasure to meet Kyle and looks like it will be another good spearing friendship for a long time. We saw lot's of turtles, nice size nurse shark under a ledge and on the way in Kyle had a decent size shark follow him all the way in to shore (wanted our fish on the stringer) and scared a couple out of the water who gave us a "you guys are crazy" look...lol. All in all it was a nice time. Next I hope to go diving with GreekDiver who called me the night before to go do a boat dive, but look forward to diving with him real soon, hope you had a great day on the water as well GreekDiver. I learned I need a bit more weight while diving in shallower water, my 5 lbs was not enough.

• "I know at least one of you had shark protection" It has not arrived yet, was wondering why since I am so close, any ideas Dan?

"Wouldn't it be better to put the thread in the Ft Lauderdale section? did not think of that, sorry Dan, feel free to moveit.

• I did feel more confident like you said. :thumbsup2:

On the way back in the water was so hazy. When I got in I was standing up pulling in my float and float line from the surf. Then I see the bastard coming in right behind my float about 25 feet from some swimmers.

• "I did feel more confident like you said." Ooops I thought he was talking to me, did you have Powerhead on you? I didn't even notice if you did, cool.

• Kyle, if you're diving with a buddy that doesn't have a PH you can always give him one. A good place to carry it if you don't have a pouch is in your sleeve, wetsuit or rashguard. Having a buddy with a PH is sometimes better than you having one.