?How to make a ladder- pneumatic?

• Anyone have any pics of their ladder?

I dont like the knee loader, it puts the muzzle too low.

Davie Peguero

• Where did you get this terminology, are you sure it's called a ladder? I thought it was a two stage loader.

Before you go this route try a real loading bar, the kind that is light and collapses. Carrying those ropes around is a PITA.

• Where did you get this terminology, are you sure it's called a ladder? I thought it was a two stage loader.

Before you go this route try a real loading bar, the kind that is light and collapses. Carrying those ropes around is a PITA.

What does a 2-stage loader look like? Is it classified by the number of "rungs" it has?

I dont see how a loading bar would be any different. It would still put the muzzle in the same position. I want the muzzle to be in front of my face not under it.

I also believe a 2-stage loader would help prevent the shaft from buckling while loading it.

Davie Peguero

• Are you using the bar on your knee?

Nope. It's on my foot and I still have to have a lanyard on the loader to load it.

Thanks sporascrub. I'll experiment to see what I can come up with.

I'm thinking about making three steps.

Davie Peguero

• Davie, you can buy 2 cheap loaders(cressi) drill 2 holes on each side of them both.

Then tie two 6 inch pieces of string on each side. Thats somewhat what those look like.

WTF am i talking about? :)

• If you're going to use a two (or three) stage loader, since there's no possibility of stowing it away in the handle, there's no necessity to go with a store bought loader. Simply make it out of short sections of pipe by drilling one hole the diameter of the shaft in the center and two holes at the ends for the cord. If you want to get fancy you can insert a wooden dowel into the pipe sections.

• i thought the same at first, i think it would several blows with a sledge hammer for the tip to go through the PVC.

It would be a good experiment to test the toughness of the PVC.

• I know absoultely ZERO about pneumatics, so I would certainly defer to those that do. But I do have a little experience making things from plastic.

PVC is strong, but a little the brittle side, especially if it is exposed to lots of sunlight. CPVC (gray color) is a little better on both counts.

Delrin is stronger, as well as tougher, and the black color helps resists deterioration in sunlight.

Or, use UHMW. UHMW is not as strong as Delrin or PVC, so a slightly larger diameter piece should be used. But it has extreme impact resistance and toughness, meaning it will bend but not break. And different from PVC and Delrin, UHMW floats, which seems like it might be handy for a freediver. :D

• I usually order mine from www.mcmaster.com. These are older prices from my catalog, but should still give a comparison.

Black Delrin 1" diameter round bar is $4.04 per foot (8576K21). Square bar is available, but about triple the price. I would just buy a slightly larger round and cut it down if I wanted square.

UHMW is available in round bars, hollow round bars, and square/rectangular bar. 1-1/4" diameter round (white) is $2.40 per foot. 1-3/8 OD by 5/8" ID is $5.60 per foot.

Not saying that those are the right sizes, just a comparison.

• its pretty simple man, thus the name "ghetto loader" originating from none other than Sporascrub himself! :hooray:

At first glance I didn't see your loader and was wondering why the pic but then I noticed it to your right. I gotta admit it doesn't get more ghetto than that :thumbsup2: WTG Sporascrub for being generous with your personal gear :laughing3: