• I hate to double post in a thread, but I just had an unfortunate turn of events. The FII course I'm signed up for was just cencelled to do a family emergency for the instructor. Anyways, I'm now looking a bit at if there are any other times I might be able to head out and take the course (looking maybe at the one in early september). No trip to Dan's place for me this month though :(.

What wetsuit thickness are all you other SoCal guys using down here? The one time I went I used a 5mm and it was fine, but I know some divers around here use 7. I'm leaning towards a 5 for diving down here around San Diego. If I can't find some other time to make the trip to FL, I'll have to start looking for a thicker wetsuit, gloves, and probably a knife or two.

• I hate to double post in a thread, but I just had an unfortunate turn of events. The FII course I'm signed up for was just cencelled to do a family emergency for the instructor. Anyways, I'm now looking a bit at if there are any other times I might be able to head out and take the course (looking maybe at the one in early september). No trip to Dan's place for me this month though :(.

What wetsuit thickness are all you other SoCal guys using down here? The one time I went I used a 5mm and it was fine, but I know some divers around here use 7. I'm leaning towards a 5 for diving down here around San Diego. If I can't find some other time to make the trip to FL, I'll have to start looking for a thicker wetsuit, gloves, and probably a knife or two.

two knife are trying to play rambo under water ??? hahahah:D

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• Just got my gear from Dan. 3mm reef suit, c90 fins, weight belt, mako knife, f10-v2,and dive bag to carry it all. Waiting for the weather to clear up to get the gear wet. I hear the water's in the low to mid 50's, so I'll see how the 3mm suit handles it, or should I say how I handle it. The gear looks sweet:cool2: