Dania Beach shoredive report

• Headed out today with Ronnie(Japsw) and our chicks to Dania Pier area to do some spearing. Was dying to test out my new fins(thanks Dan). Get geared up and go in.

As soon as i got in a manatee swims around 5 feet away from me in 3 feet of water. I swam right next to it and observed it. I have seen many manatees but really never admired their size. Was a phenomneal site, specially for the beach.

We headed out to the first reef which is just past the end of the pier and started scouting. The girls were having fun with their Camera and taking pictures and soforth while we were focused on the hunt.

We didnt see much life out there today, a few short muttons, a small cero that wasnt even worth a shot. My trigger finger was itching. While we were on our way to the Euro jacks, just a bit north, i spot a cuda and dive down to it. It just stayed in place. I place the shot from about 3 feet away and nail him. Soon as Ronnie heard the shot he goes under to try and get a second shaft in him!!! He misses -.-. Ronnie went 0-3 today lol. Well anyways after a short fight Ronnie takes control of the fish and Makes the Stab to the brain.

As soon as we saw the Cuda was bloody we told the PO's to swim to shore, as we didnt want them near if sharks decide to follow the scent. Tied the cuda to my floatline and headed back in. Luckily no sharks had to die:cool2:.

As soon as we got to shore i realize the size of the cuda lol. Underwater it looked maybe 30 inches to me, maybe because of the angle. But outside it looked every bit of 4 feet, and weighed in at 21 pounds and 3 ounces before gutting.

After this Ronnie was beat and we all decided to head back home. Back home before noon and had a great time on the water with friends!

Im getting my cheapo camera underwater pictures made into a cd atm at CVS, i will post them in a bit.
    PICS TO COME.

• Interesting effect in the pic of you in front of the pier.

Talk about glowing with pride. Nice fish. I've always seen cuda at the jacks but they were skittish as hell.

Davie Peguero