Rigging a Reel

• So Friday I decided to step up and buy a pursuit speargun (WOOHOO - now if the weather would just clear up) anyway, Dan gave me a plastic reel to try out, BUT I don't know how to rig the thing. I just ordered some fling-it line and when it arrives I'll spool the reel and see if I like it or not. If anyone could post a picture or how-to relating to reel rigging it would be much appreciated.:crazy:

• Just make sure to spool it in a way that the brake disengages when a fish pulls the line. Don't fill it all the way to avoid tangles. Pass the line through the guide at the tip of the gun and tie a swivel to it.

I don't think you'll need so much guidance.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• use a knot from any fishing site about how to start a reel. it is a clinching knot but I cannot remember the name right now, sorry.

then do as Marco suggests...most spearos that Iknow who use reels will keep the reel tight and it functions like the shockcord on a nonreel gun. then you have a normal shooting line and you use the reel primarily after the shot for playing a green fish.

try to look at the reel and gun and form specific questions, if you have any, so we can address the areas you dont understand.

i like to spear fish

• Most reels have a hole that you pass the line through then make a figure 8 knot so it cant go back through.

I don't run the line through the guide at the front of the gun. I place the swivel right after the reel.

Reel it up with plenty of tension but not to the edge of the spool. You should be able to get at least 150ft of line on it.

Davie Peguero

• OK so I run the reel line through the guide and then just have a swivel where the bungie is that will attach the shooting line to the reel line, that was my onlyl questionable area. What knot works good for tying the fling-it to the swivel? Any fishing knot?