Hello Miami

• My Name is Juan Carlos but everyone calls me JC. I love boating in general and anything/everything that has to do with the ocean. I've been a certified diver since 2001 but I am fairly new to spearfishing. I enjoy fishing with rod and reel specially fishing for dolphin. My new addiction is spearfishing but I really need to improve bottom time and depth. any sugestions? right now my breath holding ability limits my spearfishing to20-30 ft. I also don't have a lot of buddies that like spearfishing as most of them only do rod and reel:(. I will post photos soon.:thumbsup2:

• Greetings man, welcome to the forum. You and I are in the same area as far as depth abilities but with the reef system here that doesn't limit too much. I too started with scuba(15 years advanced) but now never touch it aside from recreational stuff or deep stuff (100+'). Lots of good info here to get help with breath hold stuff but I find the best thing is just doing it. Though I don't get out enough to improve these days :(. Shoot me a PM sometime if ya want to head out.

Nothing wrong with H&L fishing either, I still really enjoy both.

:toast:

• practice will make you better, beach diving is very good exercise and will limit the depths you can reach, im getting comfortable in 30-40 and a little beyond, but i started out in 15-20 about a year ago.

• I am waiting for my wetsuit to arrive so that I can go spearfishing soon...The weather is looking good for Friday and Saturday. I've been going out of keybiscayne fishing on some rocks just north of Fowey, nice hogfish