NOAA Survey Pics

• I had an oppurtunity about 2 years ago to join a NOAA research team out of Pascagoula, MS for 2 weeks of a 4 week deepwater survey expedition. The operation was off of a 200 plus ft deepwater trawling vessel and covered areas from TX to 90 miles north of Cuba and eventually docked back in Tampa. They surveyed down to 900 plus feet in depth. I was brought on as a volunteer to my good fortune and had a fantastic expierience seeing remarkable species. I have a few pics available here and we'll post some more later after uploading them to my computer. As promised in my new member thread, here's a small sample. Im the guy in the green Outback shirt in the middle of the swordfish pic.

I have many more interesting photos coming soon...

• This is real interesting, I bet you guys ate fresh seafood every day! Keep posting those pics. And welcome to the forum.

• We ate VERY well for certain. I have attached a few more pics and loaded a bunch more on my gallery for any interested. Id say my favorite thing we pulled was the green lantern shark we pulled out of 900ft of water, and full grown at about 6 inches. Check out the map and you can see the trip in a nutshell. By the time it wrapped all points were hit pluse a few more added at the end. I have little tidbits of info on some of the species in the gallery as well, and well add the rest of the photos I have tomorrow most likey. Hope yall enjoy.