FishingDude's PFI experience

• I figured you forgot to tell us all about it so now you have a place to do so :D

how was it man? did you learn a lot? new depth? c'mon tell me tell me tell me:thumbsup2:

i like to spear fish

• I'll start him off :)

Ben told me that at the course he saw someone wearing a Speardiver wetsuit. When he asked where he got it the fellow answered "some guy was selling these suits out of his garage" :laughing:

• I'll start him off :)

Ben told me that at the course he saw someone wearing a Pursuit wetsuit. When he asked where he got it the fellow answered "some guy was selling these suits out of his garage" :laughing:

haha, time for a "distribution center" :cool2:

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Ha, I was that guy who told him where I got the suit. Then Ben told me he knew you. I love the suit. I have made 3 hunts as well as the PFI class wearing the wetsuit. It was definitely worth the investment for the class and the suit. By the way, Dan I'm going to pick up a 5 mil suit before I head back to the Carolinas in the spring. Also I lost my knife last week, did your knifes come in? If so I would like to grab one today.

As for the class, in the first day the took my static breath-hold from 1:30 to 4:00. The techniques are great that they teach. I was only able to hit 97' on my dives because I had problems equalizing past 100'. I had a 97' dive with a 25 second hang. Also the class taught me that many techniques I learned from other speros are very dangerous such as breath ups before dives as well as mixing scuba and free diving in the same day. I cant say enough about how much that class helped my diving. They also taught a lot about blackout rescues and safety. The main reason I took the class was because a buddy took the class in the fall and began making us look really bad.

The only bad part of the class is that I now wont feel safe hunting deep water unless I have another trained freediver with me.

Michael
    captmattson@aol.com

• very cool capt, thanks for sharing your experience. I might have to save up to take one of these, I am pretty happy with the way I have my gear dialed in (large thanks to Dan for the Speardiver gear and help w my tito) so I can devote the funds to this

i like to spear fish

• very cool capt, thanks for sharing your experience. I might have to save up to take one of these, I am pretty happy with the way I have my gear dialed in (large thanks to Dan for the Speardiver gear and help w my tito) so I can devote the funds to this

Let me know when your planning this I may be down to take it at the same time. My gun kills fish fine and I think I'd rather open my hunting grounds up a bit before upgrading gear anyway. That and the safety issues and know how would be invaluable. :thumbsup2:

• Let me know when your planning this I may be down to take it at the same time. My gun kills fish fine and I think I'd rather open my hunting grounds up a bit before upgrading gear anyway. That and the safety issues and know how would be invaluable. :thumbsup2:

it'll most likely take me about two months plus my birthday in there to afford it so April is my guess

i like to spear fish

• sounds like a plan to me...I am not in a hurry and doing with friends would be a lot better

Agreed. :thumbsup2:

more motivation to drop that much cash as well. Looking forward to it.

• crap just saw this thread lol! I definitely enjoyed the class! Learned a lot!

I am now really comfortable hunting in the 55-65ft depth and was never that comfortable before. (Heck i wouldn't even think about dropping that deep before. I really learned a lot more about safety tho and like Michael said, its definitely harder for me to dive w/o someone who has been trained in the safety aspect of freediving now.

One of the most beneficial parts of the class was learning how to keep my ears from locking up like they did in the past. before I wouldn't be able to dive back to back days, but now I have been able to go three days in a row.

I would definitely reccomend the class to you Judah, Shawn, etc. if you guys are interested, it definitely helps a lot!

• I am still definitely interested in doing this. Just need to find the time and that elusive money.