Real Sea 1.5mm?

• Anyone try one of these suits? Im spoiled after wearing my Speardiver 3mm this winter and would like a summer suit for some bluewater, and cant beat the price on them theyre almost the same price as a decent rashguard. any info out there?

• japsw--I have used the Omer 1.5mm for years in s. Florida and loved it till I switched to the Real Sea 1mm 2 years ago.
    Hope this helps

thanks, how is it in hot summer waters? and do you have the 1.5? i dont see a 1mm available

• I have the steamer and I like it for the summer a lot. I also am looking for a full coverage rash guard w a loading pad but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. The rA one is cool but I want that in camo not black. Plus I would kinda rather have a two piece.

I am pretty tall 6'4" and had to swap the suit w them many times. Kim is an awesome dude and was super cool through the whole process. I have the xxxxxl now. And I'm average build at 205. I am long and it gives me a slight wedgie on a duckdive every now and then.

If you are a normal sized person I'd recommend it. Cos the cos the camo is soooo awesome

i like to spear fish

• thanks for that Beh, I should have been clearer, I really like the spetton suit and pattern, it is just about double the price so Iwas trying to onlydiscuss what the original question dealt with...good pic though...hard to find the diver :D

i like to spear fish

• I am pretty tall 6'4" and had to swap the suit w them many times. Kim is an awesome dude and was super cool through the whole process. I have the xxxxxl now. And I'm average build at 205. I am long and it gives me a slight wedgie on a duckdive every now and then.

Good info to know. I am 6'5" 205 and have trouble finding well fitting wet suits. If they are long enough for my torso and monkey arms, they are usually a little big tghrough the torso. I may have to bite the bullet at some point and get one of the high $ suits... or lift weights again.

• I also am a big fan of the Spetton warm water series. I have both the 8oz lycra and the 1.5mm suit. The Lycra suit is perfect for the GOM in the peak of summer. Really keeps the sun off the skin, especially in a CC with very little shade. It's stays wet for some time, so I get a very low-tech AC system when we move from spot to spot:D

I like the 1.5 for watertemps from the mid to high 70s. 80 and above warrants the use of the lycra suit for me. Of course, using the lycra pants and the 1.5mm top without the hood makes a good combo for the high 70s low 80 when there is a bit of a breeze or when it's overcast.Basically, when the water temp is warmer than the air temp.