Omer Caymen hf2

• Bought a gun for my father in law today, an Omer Caymen Carbon HF2 brand new for $195, made me think of what is the best deal you've ever got - time to spill the beans.

• The Cayman HF2 is an aluminum gun... they don't make a carbon one. :confused1:

Your probably right - i was only going of what the omer booklet said that came with it. I thought it felt like aluminium anyway.

LunkerBuster it was a 1.1m gun, it did come with shaft and bands and rigging line but was not rigged - came with all the crimps and everything to do it though. The only thing i added was a muzzle bunjee. Yeah if i didn't buy it for my father in law i think i would of bought it anyway.

Jono

• vey cool Jono...that is a bargain and a half...I have always wondered why Omer calls that gun the carbon when it is alum...wierd

either way your FiL should be stoked!!

i like to spear fish

• vey cool Jono...that is a bargain and a half...I have always wondered why Omer calls that gun the carbon when it is alum...wierd

either way your FiL should be stoked!!

You've seen the hf2 called carbon as well? :confused1:

They are 6 main models in the omer cayman line
    Cayman Aluminum - (also known as Cayman 2000) basic round aluminum barrel w/ integrated track, reel optional
    Cayman Kanaloa - same as 2000, but with open muzzle & different shaft, reel optional
    Cayman Carbon - round carbon barrel w/ integrated track, match reel standard
    Cayman HF - Full cuttlefish shaped hydroformed barrel, comes with match reel standard
    Cayman HF2 - 2 mini cuttlefish sections in otherwise cylindrical hydroformed barrel, reel optional
    Cayman ET - enclosed track, hydroformed, kinda cool shaft with unique shaft fin design, match reel standard

*there are a few variations of camo versions as well... i.e. hf2 LE & camu3d versions*

Never seen the carbon hf2 reference, but would be interested to see where it originated from.

All in all, $190 is a good deal for a solid gun. :)

• fuzz, it occurs to me that many of the places I have seen it are second hand/ resale types where many people might just interject the word carbon to make something sound better.

I am trying to recall any shop or dealer calling it that.

i like to spear fish

• fuzz, it occurs to me that many of the places I have seen it are second hand/ resale types where many people might just interject the word carbon to make something sound better.

I am trying to recall any shop or dealer calling it that.

Ah, I see a ton of those on Hawaii craigslist ads. :D

• There was a small brochure that came with the gun from Omer that said on the front, OMER Caymen carbon HF2, although i reckon its a universal brochure that comes with all their guns as it also said airbalette down the side and its def. not that. :)

Yep the FIL was Stoked, especially when he looked it up on the net and it was for sale on an aussie speargun site for $670.

Jono

• My best bargain was the HF2 also. I got it for 230 delivered to Australia. Pretty good when our local dive shop is asking 450 for them :D I also got an omer minilaser knife chucked into the same box for 25 bucks. There are some bargains out there if you google search enough!

And I have seen a Omer Cayman HF carbon advertised but it was only the regular barrel cayman made from carbon fibre and they called it HF for some reason

• I know this thread is old but i managed to top this last week, been looking out for a cheap railgun for my brother in law and found another HF2 camo 1.1 going for $75 (only been used a few times) with an omer reel. Didn't want the reel so i managed to get him down to $50.

But when i bought it he couldn't be bothered taking the reel off so got it for $50 with the reel!

This is the best part...

Sold the reel today for $40!!

So overall got the gun for $10 (no rigging and shaft but already have this gear anyway), these guns are still selling over here in the dive shops for around $450!

Gotta love a bargain :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• Great price!

One thing I hope you won't have problems with the line release reset. Mine gets stuck occasionally, not allowing you to insert a shaft. Sometimes it is easy to flip back with a knife, but sometimes I have to disassemble the whole line release mech to fix it, which is a pain in the ass... This is the main reason I don't use the gun on a regular basis anymore...